Author Topic: Funny story hunting with little girls  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Mesophilic

Funny story hunting with little girls
« on: September 24, 2019, 09:30:07 am »
Probably had to be there, but at the time it was funny as heck.

I took my daughter and her best friend squirrel hunting this past weekend.  Both 8 years old.  I was surprised that the friend's parents let her go as they are of a certain persuasion.

It was an interesting afternoon of singing songs and scaring off wildlife,  but we did get one squirrel.

Well, I have the disgusting habbit of dipping.  I was trying to be discreet  but the little friend noticed.  I hear this conversation behind me.

Friend "why does your dad keep spitting yellow?"

Daughter "it's not yellow, it's brown"

Friend "but why does he keep doing it?"

Daughter "he's marking his terrirory"

Then for the rest of the afternoon these two little girls went around spitting on things, in a very serious manner,  to mark their territories.  ;D
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Funny story hunting with little girls
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 09:38:58 am »
Out of the mouths of babes...literally and figuratively.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 09:47:16 am »
That’s awesome.
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline DC

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 10:31:53 am »
I'll bet she doesn't get to come squirrel hunting next time ;D ;D Not after she marks her territory around her house a bit.

Offline TimBo

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 10:45:23 am »
Oh, that's a good one.  We have a notebook full of things our three kids have said...they like to get it out once in a while and read through it.

Offline sleek

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 11:12:24 am »
Sounds like something right out of the little rascals. I wonder what the expressions will look like on her parents faces when she tells them she learned how to mark her territory in the woods.

You might better head that one off and tell this funny story to her parents to prevent them from having a heart attack. Haha
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 11:13:51 am »
that's very cute!

In regards to dipping. If you are interested in stopping Id suggest Nicorette gum. You'll get the nicotine and still have something in your mouth. It'll help get over the hump.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline ohma2

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 11:43:41 am »
Take pearls advice and quit ..thats advice from someone sitting here with a hose in his nose hooked to a oxygen generator.but hey i really liked the story

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 06:52:03 pm »
I kind of hope the friend does mark her territory around her house.  Sort of a payback...

This is the same little girl who two years ago, when they were in 1st grade, explained to my daughter how babies are made.  My daughter then proceeded to explain it to me in a crowded grocery store line.  I turned a shade or two of red,  since I was initially expecting a stork or other mythical method.

Thanks for the quit motivation.   I'd quit dipping for years and had some trouble pop up this last year.  Once an addict always an addict,  so I'm working on it.  Going through lots of sunflower seeds and jerky.   I'll get there again.
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 11:44:09 pm »
Got to show this one to my wife!  Best to get off the dip, causes bad things to happen!  But I agree, staying off is a real challenge!  That's why I keep some kinnikinnick available if I  need a smoke!  Now and then the stresses can get real bad!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 06:00:12 am »
It's so funny how they always come up with the simplest explanations. Why do us adults always have to make everything so complicated.

I still remember having that conversation you had in the grocery store line with my mom. I was really little but I remember her reaction. She was not very happy with my uncle who was only three years older and much more worldly than myself.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 02:47:35 pm »
That got a laugh outta my wife too!

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 03:17:23 pm »
Great story, kids you got to love um. I got the same habit, problem is you got to want to quit not just know you need to and I don’t . Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 03:20:52 pm »
I still remember me asking those questions! I cringe everytime i think about them.  (S)  :D
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.