Author Topic: Muscle  (Read 5143 times)

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: Muscle
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2019, 05:37:00 pm »
if you keep shooting, and exercising consisently ,,, being able to go up in weight will come to you,,, lots of great advise from above,,

Offline bentstick54

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2019, 05:50:49 pm »
Lots of good advice above. I would keep shooting your 45# bow until you have no shaking at all. Concentrate on good and consistent form. As you get steadier with it, start holding it back at full draw a little longer, but release before the shakes move in. The longer you can hold at”good” form, the stronger your needed muscles have become. Then you can move up maybe closer to 50# and repeat. Go slow or you will develop bad habits and form that will be hard to break.

Offline StickMark

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2019, 08:08:42 pm »
Great thread.  I am retraining, on my 31 pound bow.  TIRED OF MISSING, almost all on paper, but missed a deer this summer.

My plan might help you implement the above advice.  I am making more use of back tension, the push towards the  target a little, reading Shooting the Stickbow, that stuff. Going to shoot in a bow I am making for a friend, 40 pounds, but 37.5 at my 27" formal draw length. Then, I will tiller  in a sinew bow, more like 40 pounds, maybe 45 pounds. I can hold a 45 pounder for ten seconds easily, dead still, no shake. 

So, maybe get, or make, a 35 pounder for training, and yet keep shooting the 45.  Keep us posted.

(I have been some what over-bowed recently.  56# or so.  Started as an excursion into short bows. Accuracy wise, I was not ready beyond 15 yards) 

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2019, 11:55:47 pm »
Work on your rotator cuff. If that goes then it doesn't matter what muscles you train.
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%