Main Discussion Area > Cave Men only "Oooga Booga"

Did cavemen have 'busy' minds like ours?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Chief RID:
I think doing your due diligence and study Ishi, the man, to get a glimpse into the mind of a primitive man. Granted this was a special person but the American Indian is about as far as you have to look to understand the mind of primitive man.

Mesophilic:
I think culture would've played a huge role then just as it does now.  I have a Cambodian friend who survived the Khamer Rouge, he knows how to stress when it's time to stress and how to relax when it's time to relax.  Then again I know Vets of Iraq and Afghanistan, and they're like a tightly coiled spring all the time.   

My guess is some clans of cavemen were highly stressed and at the end of the day, are up all night with worries, can't shut their minds down and suffer sleep problems and high stress.  I imagine other clans took each day as it came, hunger comes and hunger goes, every meal is a feast, you can't change the weather and you can't stop the tides.

In all, I'd say if we're talking about our Homosapien cavemen ancestors, their minds are wired exactly as ours.  And experience, culture,  religion and many other factors complicate the issue.

stuckinthemud:
Interesting that we instinctively distance ourselves from Neanderthal when they form a substantial part of the human Asian and European genome, and had a sophisticated art, religious and tool making culture over 300 000 years ago

Deerhunter21:
there's a point where neanderthals separate from humans and that's the point where humans are exactly like us are exactly

stuckinthemud:
That"s a really hot area of discussion at the moment , a major school of thought is that we are Neanderthal and they didnt so much die out, more kind of bred-out. Somewhere between 7 and 13 percent of northern human genetic make up is Neanderthal,  while a huge percentage of cave art and carving previously put down to homo sapiens has been found to predate the arrival of that hominid by a considerable margin, so whether cavemen is referring to modern human or Neanderthal is not an important seperation in this context as they both valued art, craftsmanship,  family, religion, partying, trade, carried roughed out blanks for fine working during down-time, hunted, farmed, built boats capable of crossing large bodies of water, made and used fire, cooked good food, took pride in their appearance,  waged war., had hobbies...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version