Author Topic: Sinew And Rattler Backed Paddle Bow  (Read 31046 times)

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
Re: Sinew And Rattler Backed Paddle Bow
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2008, 01:38:57 am »
That is a nice lookin bow. I love paddle bows.
All right, you said we can't hurt your feelings, so here goes. From the looks of it, I think the tiller of it should bend a little more in the limbs in general, and not so much in the handle area. A full draw picture would help, though (hint, hint ;)).
I still like it a lot. :)
    Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2008, 02:46:42 am »
Yeah ....It does bend a little bit too much in the Handle....I didn't want to lose any more Poundage ...and I want to shoot it in a bit more too....but none of this can be done till the Sinew is totally dry again after getting the Skins  Hide Glued on.... The Tiller looked a lot different before I put the Snake Skins on.....As for Full Draw.... the Tiller Stick Picture with the Elliptical Drawing is at full Draw....20 inches....I will try to get My Wife to take a Picture of Me Drawing it....when She gets off of Night Shift
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2008, 04:36:07 am »

that is a beautiful little bow!
frank

ps: i work with fur in a similar way on my dreamcatchers a lot.
so here is a little tip: wrap on the fur first and fix it, THAN wrap on the leather of your handle and run it over the edge of the fur so it actually presses down some of the hair; that looks really good, since there won't be a gap between handle and application, and i'm sure it'll be more durable, too!
Frank from Germany...

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2008, 04:40:49 am »
Hey....thanks Frank for the helpful Hint....I would have never thought of that.....I will do that next time....I do believe that this is a done deal....since this is Rawhide....and it is set in place with Hide Glue!! So I will live and Learn...and remember your advice for my next Bow....which isn't too far away!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2008, 10:08:45 pm »
Had to take another look at this one, she sure is purty ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 02:42:23 pm »
Super Bow - thanks for the generous pictures. And bookmarked for May Self Bow of the Month, for sure.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 10:18:42 pm »
Man that's a wicked little bow.  Looks like the ideal primitive weapon.
Traverse City, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 10:33:40 pm »
Super Bow - thanks for the generous pictures. And bookmarked for May Self Bow of the Month, for sure.

Thanks Don.....I didn't think I was going to find the Time to finish it this Month either.....but We got our first Rain for the whole Year last Friday....so I got a Three Day weekend to work on it.....We got rained out....imagine that....one Storm and three days off for it!!

I tried to make this as Authentic as I possibly could....it a Pinch Grip Shooter for sure....and man what some Power form a little twerp like this!!! I was impressed.....if I can ever get off on a Day that My Wife is Home too....I will have Her snap a Picture of Me drawing it ....instead of just the Tiller Stick at full Draw...

Rick....thanks....and yeah ....I think it is going to be my Favorite Ambush Bow!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 10:31:40 pm »

Thanks again Don.....and Here is the Full Draw I promised You....when I could get a Day that the Wife was Home with me in the Daylight!!! Hope You like it....it is sure a Treat to Shoot!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 01:06:00 am »
Wow those white legs are kinda scary ;D ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 01:19:24 am »
Easy Now...... Just because you are a Longhaired Surfer Beach Bum Type......We all cant live in Paradise here......this is a Desert I live in.....Ice Cold in the Winter....hotter than Hell in the Summer......Anyhow....I thought I had good looking Legs anyways!!!!

::)
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 02:14:19 pm »
Full draw looks good to me Mike, as fer the legs you been out of the
UP all these years and still don't have a tan :o ::) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 03:36:03 pm »
Nice love them little short draw bows!

Now go and make one of the backpack bow challenge! No sinew allowed though!!!  Thats the challenge!!!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline redwasp

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 09:24:01 pm »
in the full draw picture is that the princh grip technique? very sweet bow and great craftmanship you should be proud.
If one man can do it, another man can do it. Richard......Northeastern PA.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 09:41:04 pm »
Full draw looks good to me Mike, as fer the legs you been out of the
UP all these years and still don't have a tan :o ::) ;D

Dana....
Thanks Dana.....it's a Little Stiff at Midlimb....but this Stave had Beetles and there are tunnels(small ones) all over it....thats Why I backed it to begin with....I am going to shoot it in for a while and then maybe....just maybe I will scrape a little off the Midlimbs.....but it really shoots great the way it is right now...
As for the Chicken Legs....You have to be off when the Sun is out to get a Tan!!!! Plus I was here for two weeks back 26 years ago....and ended up in the Hospital with Heat Stroke....3 days in Intensive Care and 4 more to recuperate....so I don't just go out to sit around in this Sun....it's a Killer here.....I go out long enough to do what I need to do....and get back in the A/C!!!!

David....
I am not going to waste my time on something like that....there is no way that I can make a Bow that would be worth carrying at a Poundage worth having that would be that Short and not Backed....so good luck to all involved.....I will just sit this one out

Redwasp.....There is no way that you can hold this Little Monster at full Draw for a Picture using the Pinch Grip!!!!! This is a Three finger European Grip....I shoot it using a Pinch Grip ....but you just pinch the String and draw until you cant hold it and let it go....there is no Holding it!!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 09:49:20 pm by El Destructo »
2024...We Will Overcome