Author Topic: Retrieving arrows and other important items  (Read 772 times)

Offline Ricardovanleeuwen

Retrieving arrows and other important items
« on: March 24, 2020, 04:19:02 pm »
Since i already lost half of the few arrows i made because of not having good training places in combination with the lack of experience on shooting ;D i was Thinking in ways to find to find the Arrow back, one is ofcourse dying the feathers An other option i Am going to try is glow in the dark tape, i Saw It in a do It yourself kind of shop and bought 2 Rolls
 It is a bit too small for the vane itself so il try It om Duc tape vanes for the practise arrows and for arrows with feathers maybe Just before the nock and right after the feather.
 If An Arrow or my Keys are lost again ik check the place when the darkness falls in and hope to find Them.
I still have to test how long it Will glow and Just to check It flrmmy self and the picture i held the tape under a 1000 watt led light for 30 seconds so dont know how well It glows from normal Day light
Someone else have other tips or tricks?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 04:23:19 pm by Ricardovanleeuwen »

Offline 5up3rm4n

Re: Retrieving arrows and other important items
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 04:39:21 pm »
Keep a flashlight with you in the dark and sweep the area with it before you go looking...although a really cool idea, it can be difficult to keep the phosphorescence going with dim daylight and hard to spot at sunset or later without first "charging" the tape. it works even better with a blacklight...you would be able to see it 50 feet away after using a black light on it (UV). just my $0.05 worth

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 12:32:58 am »
Neat ideas!  Might not work in deep thatch, though!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 03:23:17 am »
That reflective tape is a good idea. The old garden rake scratched across the suspected area is the age old method and works pretty good. That is for behind the target in a lawn.