Author Topic: Classics  (Read 6565 times)

Offline Little John

Classics
« on: April 23, 2008, 02:53:47 am »
Finally got these finished up to take to the classic, thus the name of classics. They are a matched set of P.O.C. shafts with self nocks, wild goose fletches, and my target tie on trade points all tied on with sinue. The points were made from a giant hack saw blade and a couple were left with the saw teeth still on for blunts. I kind of like the bananna cut fletches for ease of tieing the back end of fletch.  Kenneth

[attachment deleted by admin]
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Dustybaer

Re: Classics
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 04:10:45 am »
wow, them are nice arras, very classy  ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 04:23:21 pm by Dustybaer »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 07:36:47 am »
Beautiful arrows,can't wait to see them up close. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 09:08:09 am »
Can't wait to look at em up close Kenneth. Nice
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 10:04:25 am »
I had about quit using cedar and using only cane for my arrows, love the cane and bamboo but it is nice to have a set that all shoot the same. Probably need all the help I can get at Pappys not to embarase my self too bad. I came up with this kind of point just to have something home made for my target arrows.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 03:57:39 pm »
Them look good Kenneth! I'm about sick over mine - got started way too late and won't have em done in time :'(.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 04:09:17 pm »
 Those are some beautiful arrows there.I have been wondering how I was going to field point self arrows and seeing what you did gave me the idea.I will use flint or brown bear femur bone inserts instead of metal,but inset them just the way you did. Thanks for the inspiration  frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 05:32:05 pm »
Great looking arrows, Kenneth.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 06:31:56 pm »
Definitely CLASSICS!   8)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 12:07:13 am »
Man those are nice.  I've never seen a design like that.  Can't wait to see them up close. 

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Little John

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 12:16:04 am »
Thanks for the compliments guys, hope some one can use the point design, quite a bit of work but you can nearly always tell your arrows from other peoples. We have had so much wind every day have barley had a chance to give them a proper test.   Kenneth

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 12:35:35 am »
Nice arrows Kenneth.  I like the points.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Little John

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 12:48:55 am »
Thanks Justin, Do you ever still make it out this way? Still hope to make it your way some time and pick up rocks and maybe we can still get together on a hunt.   Kenneth

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 12:52:09 am »
The dogs want to go coyote hunting, come over and we will get some with the bows.  :o Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Little John

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 01:02:31 am »
Coyote hunting works for me, do you have greyhounds or I guess I dont know just what you mean about the dogs. Made it out once this winter calling coyotes but don't think any were in hearing range. I love any kind of hunting with a bow.    Kenneth