Author Topic: Leather mask pattern  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Mesophilic

Leather mask pattern
« on: April 07, 2020, 10:57:33 am »
I found this and thought I'd share.  Add the "h" to the prefix.

In the instructions he has a link to a video he made, for those interested in making one.  Personally,  I'd modify it slightly so that it would only take a smaller square of N95 mask for a filter element.  In the video he shows folding up a whole N95 for the filter. 

I personally have a beard that's a few inches shy of reaching my belly button, so masks are a moot point at this stage of the game.  I'm also pretty rural and not concerned with daily mask wearing, but this might come in handy for those of you in more population dense areas.

ttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1j8nZUFOTE4rF_nAn-R7qPiUd8B1jo47n/view
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline aznboi3644

Re: Leather mask pattern
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 07:08:15 pm »
Dude if your beard is that long you can just roll it up over your face and have a beard mask 🤣🤣

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 02:54:01 pm »
Funny you say that.  I think without a good seal and an actual filter membrane...not to mention some common sense...most of these folks using cloth masks and bandanas are wasting their time.

So I told the missus,  that if they mandate it here in public,  then I'm just going to do a beard mask...and I took a piece of cord, flipped my beard up, and tied it in place over my nose/mouth.  I got "the look" from the wife  ;D :D ;D
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline BAfromPA

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 05:50:25 am »
That 'beard mask' would actually work quite well. The idea of the masks is to reduce the saliva particles that normally would get out, not to protect the person in the mask.