Author Topic: Turkey ACTION!  (Read 6933 times)

Offline huntertrapper

Re: Turkey ACTION!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 10:59:45 am »
got into em. this morning. man my leg was shakin like crazy and my heart was beaten. 2 gobblers came to within 50 yards. the one was feedin while the other was goin from white to red... he was struttin and headed straight at me. oh man that was exciting. anyway he ahd gobbled into us. something that doesnt happen, so we knew exactly where he was. though, i knew if he kept coming he would be right at me. he strutted and stopped and sat there a couple minutes, let out a cluck my dad said, and started walking back, i guess he wasnt too spooked or he would have run or flew.
my real big game hunt... it was great, we saw a guy and he saw my stuff, my bow, wood arrow and my buckskin bag along with my fox hide quiver and buckskin neck knife, its funny, he said its hard with a compound or gun let alone a primtive bow... anyway good action today good lluck to any of you guys... ;D ;D ;D
Modern Day Tramp

kdub

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 08:44:46 am »
Kool Hunter! Sounds like a blast!  Myb heart always beats fast when I seem em' comin too.  I like it better when they come out of nowhere and all I gotta do is act, thinkin too much is dangerous.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 12:17:35 pm »
Sounds like you are well on the way to gettin a bird.. hope you get the chance to loose an arrow.. remember, those birds are tough,wait for the perfect shot.. my first bird spooked as I drew my bow and made a bad hit on it.. spent the remainder of the day crawling through the woods searching for the wounded tom.. they can hide like nobodys business. I finally saw him hiding under a chokecherry bush and was able to get him with a second shot... learned my lessons well.. only take the best shots on those winged warriors.. Hawk .. good hunting little brother...
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 06:28:14 pm »
thanks guys, my heart was a thumpin as when i hunt anything, even small starlings to big deer. yeah hawk, i know if i dont get a shot all year thats fine, even after a while if a bad maybe good shot would come, i wouldnt take it. ill take the best shot i have.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 02:44:57 am »
 Sounds like a great weekend.Good hunting is always better than lucky killing. Good luck is having another day of hunting.  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington