Author Topic: 3D shoots  (Read 2113 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
3D shoots
« on: June 05, 2020, 08:05:47 am »
A couple of 3D shoots from 2 different Iowa clubs are scheduled to resume this month.I always have fun at those.Our group of bow makers and shooters plan to get there.One is half hour away.Other is 1 hour away.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Online Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 3D shoots
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 08:14:37 am »
Ed, I'm still too concerned about the virus to get into large crowds. I do miss them the 3D shoots, though.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DV IN MN

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 10:34:27 am »
Ed what/where are the shoots you speak of?

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 11:11:05 am »
DV IN MN......There's one called the coon pond shoot by Derby Iowa.A large and very nice one.Sponsored by the South Central Iowa club.The other is the Mid Iowa Cub [by Lake Ahquabi].A very nice one too.Looking at the schedules on line from the IBA [Iowa bowhunters association].
Pat B....You do what you feel comfortable with.
BowEd
Ed

Offline JEB

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 05:03:46 am »
I am with you Pat. I really hate going to the grocery  store. I am thinking the first shoot I am going to isn't until the end of July.  I am taking this thing pretty serious. Some say too serious.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 06:21:35 am »
I can see or realize your concerns.I too have been to town many times locally here.So has Robin.Wal Mart is packed at times.
A 3D shoot is far from those type congested gatherings.Do you think this threat is going away by July?I imagine the experts have told you so.
We are both healthy here as far as our own circumstances go.I will shoot with guys in their 70's in our group.I'm sure they are just as concerned as you guys are.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 06:48:07 am by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 06:54:30 am »
I went to a local shoot several weeks ago.   I felt it was safer than going to walmart.  I shot with one friend.   We kept our distance from other groups.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 07:02:19 am »
Our group can vary in numbers but most times 6 to 8 people are in it and the groups spread each other out distance wise.Long bows don't take very long to shoot.
I think the older fellas are more concerned about the heat more than anything else.So we arrive together before 8:00 and are easily done before noon.
BowEd
Ed

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 07:05:15 am »
the Three Trails club in Mo. had their Spring shoot last Sunday. Had a good turn out and we all had a good time seeing folks and catching up a bit.

Offline JEB

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 07:14:30 am »
Any news on the Barryton, Michigan shoot in July?

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 07:16:56 am »
We have a local mixed shoot this morning in town, this one is monthly and has never been shut down because of the virus. When I go this morning there might be 10 people there scattered across 25 targets.

I made a new bow and plunked down the cash for some tapered Sherwood shafts to make arrows to match the bow. These arrows are probably the only truly matched set I have had since Rogue River stopped selling shafts.

Offline JEB

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2020, 07:44:06 am »
Final decision on the Barryton shoot will be made Monday night.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2020, 07:18:22 pm »
I will see how many show up at the 2 shoots planned for this month.It really does'nt matter to us anyway.When I said our group of shooters it's the bunch I walk together with along the course.Really it's the only group you here laughter from.Normally there are many other shooters there [40 to 50 many times] besides our paticular group.There are many bow hunting clubs in Iowa.Compound shooters all serious about hitting that dime sized spot.Taking forever to look with binoculars and mark their score cards.
We have fun.It's worth the $12.00 to shoot the course.
This time I have something different again for my FG carbide shooting buddies.They liked my horn bow from before [ all had to draw or shoot it to see what it was like] but his time 6 different types of shoot shafts that all fly like darts.Dogwood,sourwood,ocean spray,hill cane,bamboo,and multiflora rose.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 10:31:45 am by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2020, 03:54:56 pm »
Cool Ed, I am getting a lot of calls about the one we are having in Mid July so I think folks are really wanting to get back on with their lives.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2020, 05:30:31 pm »
We joke,bet,make fun of,and talk out shooting or bow making.Funny thing though I've never been paid by those who've lost a bet against me.On top of it all they are welchers,but I'll still shoot with them.
BowEd
Ed