Author Topic: Thank you Eric Krewson  (Read 832 times)

Offline darinputman

Thank you Eric Krewson
« on: July 12, 2020, 08:13:23 pm »
  Been a long time since I got a bow I didn't build, but thanks to Eric Krewson I am now the proud owner of a Krewson bamboo backed osage. It is definately a fine shooting bow. Eric taught me how to build bows and I am extemely grateful for that. This bow is just icing on the cake.
   I have built one really nice bamboo back/belly bow but gave it to a guy I work with so it will fit right in with my selfbows. It will sling an arrow hard thats for sure. My scale is kinda messed up right now but it is 66"56# @26" bow that handles my 28" draw with ease. And Eric I really love the handle too.

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Thank you Eric Krewson
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 06:55:07 am »
I have several bows that my old body won't let me use anymore. This bow has an interesting history. I made an osage bow to hunt with and killed my biggest buck ever with it off the ground on a public hunting area.

After shooting it for a year or so I noticed some strange cracks on the back.

I ground off the back, cracks and all and bamboo backed it. A few years later I noticed what looked like a tiny splinter trying to raise on the bamboo so I gave the area a wrap for insurance, I have shot the bow that way ever since with no problems.

Offline timmyd

Re: Thank you Eric Krewson
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 07:45:08 pm »
Awesome story guys....this is what selfbows are all about for me...the stories and memories behind them