Author Topic: Wendover results  (Read 5347 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Wendover results
« on: September 06, 2020, 04:41:32 pm »
Wendover results of importance to primitive. Sleek broke Perry’s 340yd record shooting 350 and change. CONGRATULATIONS Kevin!!!!!!!’n. Then some old man broke my 70# selfbow record with a 52# bow . CONGRATULATIONS to Steve!!!!!! I built a complex composite bow that broke the previous 316yds  Making the new record 366yds I think. Shot by James Martin. Jessica Corbett broke several records and established some more. It was a great shoot for sure. Please correct me if I missed someone or measurements are wrong. I broke no records but was 2 yds short of my 50# selfbow record. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Hamish

Re: Wendover results
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 04:44:29 pm »
Nice work Arvin, to you and all the others that have been pushing the envelope for bow performance.

Offline Santanasaur

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 05:44:34 pm »
I can’t wrap my head around those distances. Wow! Thanks for letting us know Arvin, and congrats to everyone

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 09:17:39 pm »
DC ‘s. Bow did well I can’t remember. The distances . Maybe Steve can chime in on that . Just wore out , and sunburn right now. Arvin

Offline DC

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 09:47:56 pm »
Thanks Arvin, now I'm really antsy ;D ;D

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 10:17:35 pm »
Chuck did well also. He metaled and broke his previous record also . Chuck give us the counts . I guess I should write this all down if I’m going to tell about it.  O:) Arvin

Offline gifford

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 10:37:43 pm »
Congrats on the new records, way to go. Those are some outstanding distances.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 11:58:54 pm »
Outstanding!  Congratulations to all the new record holders!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 06:01:21 am »
awesome Arvin!  congrats to all... but without pictures....  (-P
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline HH~

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 06:43:45 am »
Sounds fun Arvin.

That bow you gifted me in July, I took to TAS in Indiana. I did not have any good arrows for it but Gil M. gave me one arrow and i shot that Championship Sunday. Shot whole day with one arrow. It took Silver. The arrow i shot was travelling faster than this fella's 60# bow. Those guys were amazed how fast a 40 some pound bow was shooting. Shot broadheads well too.

Hedge
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline sleek

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 11:17:30 pm »
Thanks Arvin. If you hadn't given me that arrow made by Ivar I wouldn't have put anything close to respectable distance. Add the coaching from you and Steve, and really, its hardly any accomplishment I can singularly be proud of. I thank you both.

Of course, I have big bow plans for next year, and arrows as well, so im not  trying to buy yours lol! I was NOT prepared this year at all, and really should have waited another year or two even. This event takes MUCH preparation. You guys really picked up my slack. Thanks again!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

bownarra

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 01:27:18 am »
Congratulations fellas, great distances and sounds like you all had a good time :)
I'd put 75% of my effort into the arrows :)
For anybody who hasn't yet, try those 6 piece sectional cane shafts that Alan Case showed years ago on paleoplanet. I've found them to be phenomenal. Next year I will send some stuff over if I can't make it. Right now i have an 80# Turkish flight bow that is next to perfect. Incredible string tension at brace and it almost lets off around 24 inches. Even pulled to 29" it shows little set. It goes over 500yds no problem with less than perfect arrows.

Offline simk

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 05:54:03 am »
great results! congrats everybody for pushing limits again!  (-S
are there official results somwhere on the www? even more I'd love to see pictures of the successful bows!?
--- the queen rules ----

Offline BrandonH

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2020, 06:47:25 am »
great results! congrats everybody for pushing limits again!  (-S
are there official results somwhere on the www? even more I'd love to see pictures of the successful bows!?

+1

Offline JNystrom

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 06:47:54 am »
These were uploaded in fb. I guess i can share here.
And yes, of course congratulations to the new record holders!

Mike: do you use siper with your turkish bows? I find it interesting Ivar has semi-abandoned the tonkin arrows, because at some point he used them. Its a lot of work and i guess with siper and all, it has been more about getting good, steady release. If pine can give you 180gn arrows for a 100# hornbow, then a tonkin should do 150gn? or less?

My own arrows for turkish flight bows are 180 grains, 24,5" with 0,25mm thick vellum fletching, 6,2-6,4mm thick. They fly well out of 60-90 draw bows. Is there still something to gain with tonkin?