Author Topic: sinew backed osage recurve 46" nock to nock,,187fps  (Read 5959 times)

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
That's good it shoots straight too!

I really love smaller bows. I have a hard time not always smacking things with longer bows ;D

Smacking things?

Offline Fox

Like I’m clumsy with them.. always hitting the tips against stuff  (lol)
Why must we make simple things so complicated?

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
Ok, that makes sense.  I really like the long smooth draw, but I've got to admit my 74" bow is a little awkward. :)

Offline Selfbowman

Very nice bow Brad. Could be a contender with a flight arrow. Kevin needs a bit of competition. 😀😀
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Will B

That’s an awesome bow Brad. Well done!  Looking forward to the finished pics

Offline bradsmith2010

thank you so much, I have plans to get the art work and handle started today,, and then if I get my nerve up pull it to 24 :D

Offline Fox

ftp://
thank you so much, I have plans to get the art work and handle started today,, and then if I get my nerve up pull it to 24 :D

Excited to see how it goes!!

Offline bradsmith2010

art started on back

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
Looking good Brad
In the woods I find my peace

Offline bradsmith2010

art on one limb,, I think the photo with all the clutter is more interesting,, )P(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 02:11:16 pm by bradsmith2010 »

Offline bradsmith2010

limb 2 sketched out,,

Offline bradsmith2010

ok here is the finished back, I have a design in mind for the belly,, I will try to shoot it at 24 inches,, I was gonna pull it on a tree in case it blows,, but you have to have some confidence in your work ,, so I gonna just pull it,, ;D
  this is more info than you need but if you got this far with me, I will tell you a little about the art,, I have been inspired by many cultures, this is a combo of alot of different designs some imagination and some from traditional images,, all mixed to gether,, I am not a purist about the art, so am not tied or constrained to any one set of images,,of traditional art,,
I just improvise and paint what comes to me,, I think the bow dictates what is to come,,I just follow,,on this bow I used ink, gouache,,acrylic,,,the underpainting was acrylic,,I like it and it protects the sinew,,I may but a leather handle it will cover some of the art, but I will know its there,, I have a design in mind for the belly,, but my brain hurts from the detail of this one, and will take a few more days to do that, enjoy, and pm me if I can help with any project you have with art for your bow,,,,,

Offline Fox

very very nice brad... that looks awesome  :)

Offline bradsmith2010

thank fox, greatly appreciate your positive comments,, (SH)

Offline Fox

I like the deer tracks, there pretty great ;D :-D