Author Topic: Mojam?  (Read 39779 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Mojam?
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2021, 03:51:55 pm »
I am very near the heaving and chucking stage!  I think I will bring the more modern cabin tent and hope we don't get a 4" downpour!  It has a sewn in floor to keep most of the creepy crawlies out, and room for an table and chair inside.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline sleek

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2021, 04:25:06 pm »
I'm really wishing I could go. Yall do your best to have fun without me. I know it won't be easy, but I'll be with you in thought and spirit.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2021, 01:28:53 am »
Well Gifford, I started loading mine slow and steady but then the weather set in and now I'm doing the heaving and throwing method in the morning. Rain or shine I'll be there later in the afternoon tomorrow.

Allyn T, I'm thinking of getting rid of some knapping stuff, I might consider trading some or all of it. Hit me up, I'll be in the pavilion or the big camper group.

Ed, I hope to see you at the fish fry!

Coby, I hope you stop by earlier in the week!

Jerry, I'm looking forward to one of those reds! That's one of my favorites!

Paul, I've been on the keto diet and that butter milk pie foes not jive with my diet. But I garonte I will eat some!

I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone I need mojam!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2021, 10:56:27 am »
I'll be loading up today and hope to be in tomorrow as well.

Patrick, congrats on the diet. I don't think buttermilk pie is "diet friendly", (except on the "See Food Diet") the one I'm still on ...
 ;)

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2021, 02:11:59 pm »

Allyn T, I'm thinking of getting rid of some knapping stuff, I might consider trading some or all of it. Hit me up, I'll be in the pavilion or the big camper group.

Patrick

I will def do that. I'll be there Friday evening! I'm gonna bring anything I think someone might want.
In the woods I find my peace

Offline Patches

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2021, 11:18:35 pm »
Hey Ed, could you bring the scrapers you use for dry scraping rawhide? I would like to see them in person if possible.

Thanks!

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2021, 05:19:58 pm »
The crowds are starting to gather here at mojam.  Arrows and rock are flying and camps are popping up new everytine you turn around. Targets have been replaced in anticipation of heavy use in the next dew days. Bathrooms are in place and trash cans have been spread out. They are rumors going around of the shirts being picked up and brought in soon to!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2021, 08:46:15 pm »
Sure wish I could be there Dave. Wheat harvest is on and I can’t get away.

Hope you guys have a great meet. Take pictures and tell me some stories. It’s been to long since I’ve been with my bowyer friends.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2021, 09:07:38 pm »
Got alot of family things but as it stands I will come down Saturday and say my hellos and shoot the range.... Ain't been able to make mojam or the classic for a couple years and really need to be around some like minded folks for Abit, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Allyn T

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2021, 09:07:43 pm »
Got my tire patched today so I'll be good to go Friday. Hawkdancer how will I find you once I'm there? I might just walk around yelling your screen name lol

Offline Muleman

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2021, 01:24:21 pm »
im so bummed i dont get to go,life got in the way,enjoy yourself boys,take and post lots of pictures.MM

Offline Allyn T

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2021, 08:36:28 pm »
So my son just came down with hand, foot, mouth disease so I won't be making it to mojam after all

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2021, 11:02:45 pm »
Just returned back from Mo Jam.Got there in time for Jon W's fish fry which took a half dozen people to do with I think 4 fryers....ha ha.Everybody got their fill is all I can say.Right up there with a Thanksgiving dinner.
I've only got 1 picture sorry to say.I was pretty much confined to the pavillion helping people make bows is my excuse.Maybe others took a few pictures.
Perfect weather throughout the event except for a couple of hours of rain 1 day.I exchanged quite a few phone numbers with new people before leaving.
Picture is of Arrons' horn bows.Fantastic piece's of work.Picturs do not do it justice.

PS....Patches I wish I would of read your request about the hide scrapers.I would of taken them along.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2021, 07:36:36 am »
Thanks for the picture Ed. I sure wish we could have made it. Going to work out one of these years.

Those horn bows look awesome.

Bjrogg

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2021, 08:48:33 am »
That would be awesome BJ.You would'nt regret it.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed