Author Topic: Red Mulberry  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Stixnstones

Re: Red Mulberry
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2021, 11:37:18 am »
Real cool profile on that, love Deans bows and like Bj said itlooks just like paulsemps r/d bows
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2021, 12:33:15 pm »
yepper...that is absolutely one of my favorite profiles for an everyday shooter and hunting bow as well!  BJ~ it sure would be nice to see you at MoJam...we could all have us  some serious discussions on bow making.  :)   :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Will B

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2021, 01:42:52 pm »
Love the profile on that one Ed. Can’t wait to see your next one.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2021, 10:17:33 pm »
Working on it Will with my definition of D/R without Deans form with deflex just in the handle and fades and the rest reflex on my own form.It gives a more rounded type full draw profile.Maybe it's not considered a D/R bow then I'm not sure but it works for me.I just call them a bow....ha ha.I'm a lot more used to tillering straight or reflexed bows than a bow with reflex abruptly put in the working limb.Those bows get tillered different as far as wood removal goes.
PS....A thing about this red mulberry....Drying as a prepared shellacked back and ends stave it can get wonky drying on a few staves on a person.It likes to misbehave with some staves.To dry the wood it might be best to either rough out stave immediately to bow profile or leave it wide and long as a split stave to deter warping sideways after removal of bark and sapwood.Possibly clamping it down while drying as a roughed out bow would be an option too.

BJ....The club that puts on Mo Jam deserves all the acknowledgement it can get.It's just my 2 cents worth.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 08:29:25 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed