Author Topic: You know when you put on a coat you haven't worn for a while and you find...  (Read 85 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

...oh, gosh, about anything. It could be $50 (that's happened to me), a lost ring of keys (that's happened to me), that favorite pocket knife you have been heartbroken about missing (also happened to me).

Well, last night I got out my turkey hunting vest that I had put up at the end of a season a while back. It's a minimalist type with a drop down sitting cushion, and just enough pockets that I can carry a slate call gifted to me by dvhunter from Michigan, a boxcall from the infamous buffalogobbler, a wing-bone call I made, spare shells, and gloves.

This morning at 4:15 I tucked my new 2024 turkey tags in a pocket and slipped out the door. It was but a short 10 minute drive to the bottom of Hill 128 where I traditionally start my turkey hunt each year. I was still at the car and was reaching into the pocket to get the shells for "Asmodeus", my shotgun, when my hand encountered something unfamiliar in feeling. I pulled it out and it was a sammich. Tucked next to the sammich was my turkey tag from 2021.

Ah, yes. Frustrating end to a difficult season when I had failed to find birds most days, much less work them. I had bitterly come home and put away the vest without thinking. Flash forward 3 years and suddenly I remember telling myself on the drive home that late May afternoon that I should probably take that sammich out of the pocket.

Now I would like to take a moment to talk about product placement. I'm generally NOT all for it. I see enough advertising flooding my senses in the course of a day that one more product placement from me just seems to be well beyond over-the-top. However, from time to time I come across a product that exceeds my greatest expectation and I want to take a moment to talk about it, amongst friends so to speak. Mind, I am not being paid for this and they are not my sponsor (though I might be open to the conversation), nor has the company donated or gifted the product to me to use or test. No, I purchased it fair and square for personal use and not for placement purposes. What I want to talk about it Ziplock brand sammich bags. You can find them in every grocery store across the land and you may even have them in your home as we speak. But what thought have you given to their quality, their ability to keep a sammich contained without leaking or bursting?

Let me tell you, my good folks, that Ziplock will both zip AND lock that sammich away like no other! Ya'll put that sammich in there with full faith and confidence that no matter what biological evolutionary hellscape it becomes, IT WILL REMAIN CONTAINED! Normally, in the course of my stories, I might want to insert a photograph here to illustrate just what it is that I am working hard to bring to life in your imagination. However, I have been repeatedly warned by staff, management, mods, and admins that this IS a family site and that we are to strive to post only wholesome content, avoiding the shocking, disgusting, offensive, off-putting, repulsive, hideous, and stomach churning. I shall leave you to your imaginations as to what was going on within the hermetically sealed contents of that Zipock sammich bag.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline TimBo

That's making catfish bait the hard way!