Author Topic: 95# MaryRose Self-Ash Warbow Full Draw Pics....  (Read 15149 times)

Offline Asiertxu

95# MaryRose Self-Ash Warbow Full Draw Pics....
« on: May 19, 2008, 10:57:26 am »
Hi fellows!!

Before starting up showing the pics from this Ash bow, I MUST to left clear that I think I havenīt been able to do such a bow without the GREAT HELP that came from Jaro!!...thatīs the REAL WAR-BOWYER!!...

So this bow is dedicated to you Jaroslav and for the GREAT help and ispiration that un-condicionatelly you have been giveing us mate!!...:D... THANKS ALOT!!

Here you have the "creature" wich is 75" ntn and weights 94ī5 lbs at 32"...need some time to master it and take some pics of myself shooting it!!.....

Itīs been a while since I started up this Ash Warbow (About a year and half back now!!!...) so this saturday decided to finish up with the titter!!...
Here you have some pics from those days when I began this proyect:

...well, that final pic of myself and the bow standig up cose to me was where I left the initial therad.
Since that pic I made her the horn nocks and a little more but I finally tillered her!!..:D...

Any criticism regarding to the tiller etc...is VERY well come!!

Hope you like it!!

ENJOY...

Asier.
//Asier from "Basque Country" Spain.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: 95# MaryRose Self-Ash Warbow Full Draw Pics....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 11:04:31 am »
Nice warbow Asier! tiller looks great to me, but that 95.5 lb draw - that's something I would have to work on for awhile :). Looks like you put some sweat into that one..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 11:21:13 am »
Looks like a nice one to me, well done and thanks for sharing.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

sagitarius boemoru

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 11:42:23 am »
So you finally finished it and its very nice! I think tiler will look better when shot from hand and its fairly knobby piece.
Good work.

Let us know how it shoots.

Jaro

Offline akila

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 12:34:10 pm »
Great bow .....im so sad that i broke mine.... :-\......i will start again soon enugh.....

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 05:00:36 pm »

nice bow and some really great pics of the making of it!

frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Asiertxu

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 08:24:51 pm »
Hey guys!!

THANKYOU VERY VERY MUCH for the kind comments!! :) ;)

Yeah Cowboy,

I had gotten some sweat when doing this "little" longbow..hehehe... ;)...and yes, have to take my time at it as at my very first attemp on drawing it, I only went to 26"or so... ::).. ;D..

Cheerss DanaM!!...very kind from you mate..!!..

Heeeey Jaro!!!!... :D :D 8)...

Iīm REALLY GLAD that you like this bow mate!! REALLY GLAD my friend!!...

And yes, it is better to test allways a bow in the hand as the tiller could appear in the tillering tree good but when drawn by hand not.

Then I must to get in the bow as soon as posible to see that and make some corrections if needed!!...
If so, I think the upper limb could be a little weaker than the lower one, specialli en the midle - final part of that limb I mean, What do you think MASTER??.   

That way I could get a bit of positive tiller, but thatīs for testing at the moment. THANKS FOR LOOKING!!..:D..

Hi Akila!

Iīm sorry to ear about what happened to your Ash Warbow mate. That was going very good in my humble opinion!!...only that right limb that was bending too much near the tip. The other one was looking nice!!...KEEP AT IT FELLOW and TRY AGAIN!!..;)...

Thankyou so much Frank!!!...
Iīve been looking at your FASCINATING work for long time now, VERY INSPIRING WORK fella!!...:D...thanks for looking mate...

Cheers guys!!..

Asier.
//Asier from "Basque Country" Spain.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 05:59:08 am »

some of the folks here show a lot of passion that is going into their work; you're certainly one of them!
frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 10:51:08 am »
Very nice war bow, Asier. I have trouble with a 50# ash bow. ;D You did very well with your ash war bow.  I built a yew war bow 2 years ago, 95#@30", but could only pull it about 12". ::)  I gave it back to the guy that gave me the stave.He can pull it! ;)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

sagitarius boemoru

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 11:07:54 am »
Now you have to make an arrow of some 50 gram weight and try it for distance. :D :D :D
As I said nice bow, especially when compared to something like that pathetic excuse for bow which redhorse just posted on PP.

When you make your next one, you might want to make upper nock somehow smaller. I too get carried away often and carve them big and stout and then hesitate to grind them down once they are nicelly polished.

Why do I have this swahbuckling impression from your writting and your pictures!? ;D This is gonna be first time dīArtagnan will shoot a warbow.

:D

Jaro