Author Topic: Tribute to Dean Torges  (Read 4688 times)

Offline TimmyDeNorCal

Re: Tribute to Dean Torges
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2022, 12:46:41 am »
I am utterly blown away that you not only have one of Dean Torges' bows, but the actual bow he built from Hunting the Osage Bow!

Thank you so much for posting those pix!

I am fairly blown away at this post, overall, because a few days before organic archer created it, I had been googling "Dean Torges personal self bow"! I tried like hell to find some results that showed his self bows, because HtOB does not include ANY actual photos (just illustrations, which are pretty amazing, but still, photos would have been nice, too)...

...and then a few days later the post is created, and then you post "The Streak"!

The Streak looks amazing, too...amazing. Great side profile.

Could you be so kind as to include a full draw photo of "The Streak," perhaps??   :D

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2022, 09:10:57 am »
I have had the same book DWS for quite a few years too.Read it from cover to cover too back then.Got the BB series of books then too.
Those book authors used to have quite the discussions about bow building.Which lead to the first Mo Jam shoot comparing styles of bows and different woods against each other.
Quite a history rejuvenating the wood bows back to life back then.They all were great forgers for this hobby.
It was then not ever having shot a bow much in my life that I started making bows too.To this day I still don't own or shoot FG or compound bows.

BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline organic_archer

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2022, 10:17:26 pm »
What an awesome surprise to see photos of the bow from the book, DWS! Thank you for taking the time to post it. That’s a beautiful weapon! Like Tim, I searched far and wide for real photos of Dean’s work and there isn’t much out there. This is the first glimpse for me.  (SH)
Owner
Organic Archery
Hand-Crafted Longbows & Wooden Arrows