Author Topic: we had fun!!!  (Read 4645 times)

Offline rkeltner

we had fun!!!
« on: May 23, 2008, 04:44:55 am »
last satuday, my church had a teen versus adult sports challenge, which in itself would fun, but, the highlight of the competition was an archery shoot!! being the archery nut of the church, i was called upon to coordinate equipment and range. to say that everyone had fun would an understatement! about half the adults and one fourth of the teens had never shot a bow, so there was a lot of instruction going on, but it went well,(i even got my wife to do some shooting, hopefully the first of many) sadly the teens fairly soundly beat the adults in the archery portion of the competition......most of the teens had already spent time shooting bows with me and my kids, so they had an experience advantage!! oh, well. our sport and craft got some positive exposure, and that is good.

Offline DanaM

Re: we had fun!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 08:03:24 am »
Sounds like you folks had a great time and introduced some people to our style of archery :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline david w.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 02:09:03 pm »
that sounds like yo had alot of fun :) its great that you introduced people into archery
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Kegan

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »
Converting people to the "Cause" under the guise of a church activity- now that's creative ;D!

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 03:24:51 am »
nothin' creative to it! all i had to do was start setting up and everybody there was gathering around my son and me, asking questions, gawking, and marveling at all the "homemade" equipment. i'm inclined to think that in our modern society, we've gotten so far from our roots that people are actually starving for a return.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 03:27:57 am by rkeltner »