Main Discussion Area > Shooting and Hunting

Opening Day

(1/2) > >>

Aaron1726:
It's opening day of archery season for deer here in North Carolina.  Nothing like the first morning back in the woods!  I was able to get a few hours of hunting in before the storms rolled in.  Lots of critters moving, saw a couple deer, several coons, squirrels and rabbit.  None of my arrows got to fly, but it was a great morning to be in the woods.  Only shot I took took was this one of my setup for this year by one of the old barns where I hunt.  Till next time....

PaSteve:
Best of luck to you this year Aaron. It's a special day for sure.
    My most anticipated day of the year. Although it's still 3 weeks away.  I moved to a new area with a fair amount of public land. The last two weeks I've been scouting a lot. This year it's even more special as I get to hunt land I've never hunted before. Like a new beginning as I have been hunting the same properties for the last 35 years. Back to the "big" woods again and I can't wait.

Pat B:
Keep at it, Aaron. I'm not sure if our mountain section is open yet but it is still too hot for me for hunting. That's what happens when you get older. When we lived in coastal SC opening day was August 15 and I was always out there on opening day.

Aaron1726:
Thanks yall, hoping it will be a good season. 

Yeah Pat, it's still a bit hot, I only hunt mornings this time of year.  August in sc though, that would be rough!

Good luck to you too Steve.  Always cool to hunt new places.

Take care guys

Pappy:
Good luck and shoot straight, ours opens the 23rd, can't wait. :)
 Pappy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version