Main Discussion Area > Muzzleloaders

Wanting to get in BP rifles

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eric Krewson:
Now, if you have deep pockets and find you really like this B/P stuff, a Kibler flintlock kit is the way to go. His southern rifle and the colonial rifle kits take some marginal skills to complete, to a novice the task can be daunting.

His Woods Runner kit is different, all the parts are CNC shaped and fit into a CNC shaped stock with just a little wood adjustment. One can have this rifle assembled in just a few hours with only the stock and metal finish of your choice to have a completed, historically correct rifle of your own.

The kits run around $1200 and up depending on how fancy the stock wood is.

Kibler doesn't have a gallery of photos of the completed Woods Runners up yet but here is the Colonial galery of customer completed rifles to give you an idea of how good these rifles are.

https://katherinewerre.smugmug.com/Colonial-Rifle-Kit-Customer-Photos/

I built one of the Kibler Southern Mountain Rifles that our one and only Pappy owns now, a wonderful rifle in.32 for squirrel hunting.

Here it is;

Fox:
Thank you Eric! That is a lot of super helpful info! That rifle is quite pretty, makes me really want to get into it… just what I need anotherrrr hobby you could spend your whole life learning about hahah

Eric Krewson:
Flintlock rifles and selfbows go hand in hand, I get the same thrill killing a deer with my flintlock as I do taking one with a selfbow. Many of the guys at the Buckskinner rendezvous have selfbows with them as well. The competition at these events usually includes axe throwing and selfbow shooting.

Hunting with a flintlock adds a different degree of difficulty than a selfbow but is still a challenge. They don't call them "flinchlocks" for nothing.

I love my flintlock rifes and shotguns. The rifle in the picture is the first one I built, .54 and a deer smasher.

Pappy:
Yep Eric , a beautiful rifle I have and just love the feel of carrying it in the woods, a lot to learn but I am getting there, shooting it is a real joy. 😉 Pappy

Eric Krewson:
Thanks Pappy, I don't dress the part, just not my thing but I get a distinct feeling that I have stepped back in time when I am walking through the woods with one of my flintlocks.

I don't get that step back in time feeling when I am hunting with a selfbow, probably because we are making them on a level now that they are on par with almost any other traditional bow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version