Main Discussion Area > Primitive Skills

Cotton ball and ash ember.

(1/2) > >>

White Falcon:
Unroll cotton ball, sprinkle fire ash on cotton ball. Start at one end and rool tight. Roll it back and fourth inbetween two flat boards and wallah.

JW_Halverson:
Cotton dryer lint works great for this, too. Now that I work in a hotel, I was able to score a gallon zip lock back of lint.  I have now added the lint and ashes in small baggies to all my fire making kits. Crazy how easy this technique is, isn't it?

Pappy:
I'll have to give that a try, so no fire in the ashes, just cold ashes ?
 Pappy

JW_Halverson:
Just cold ash and lint. I had read about it a number of times and figured one would need to really put some elbow grease into it, but I was wrong. Couple of quick swipes and you got smoke!

BrianS:
The process works very well. Here is a video I made about 3 years ago about using chaga in a fire roll. Ash, rust scrapings or something like chaga will work. If you skip by the first 3 minutes of the video you will see the chaga part and if you skip to about the 5 minute mark you will see the fire roll. The first time I tried I was surprised at how well it worked.
Take care, Brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbgcnFlDxXI&list=PLk-y4vVi7WGN3ryGzGrenl_xlsEth0cWl&index=2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version