Author Topic: Tiller. Split vs 3 under.  (Read 1505 times)

Online bassman211

Re: Tiller. Split vs 3 under.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2024, 08:37:43 pm »
I tiller all my bows from the center, and like Arvin cut a  1 1/4 inch shelf. Set the nock, and shoot. If I get good tune I leave it at that. If not the top limb is shorter, and still a little strong in most cases. I will tiller to 1/8 to 1/4 positive on top limb, and set nock to suit. Works for me. I shoot 2 under, and low poundage.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2024, 09:53:06 am »
I use a tab to hook my string and set it depending on 3 under or split, I set it lined up with where the arrow pass is going to be, you can see the line that I use to line it up, the tab in the size of a 3 ginger tab, seems to help, I have seen over the years that if I tiller straight from center if someone shoots it 3 under the bottom will take more set over time so if I know someone is going to shoot 3 under I make the bottom limb a little stiffer, I usually tiller my about 1/8 pos for split and a little stiffer bottom limb for 3 under. The tab really seems to help me, it is more like you hold the string.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline superdav95

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2024, 11:22:05 am »
Pappy.  I do very similar.  Not as fancy as yours but same idea.  It also saves your tiller string from wear too. 
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com