Author Topic: a few reasons to love trad and primitive archers  (Read 747 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
a few reasons to love trad and primitive archers
« on: April 26, 2024, 01:16:21 pm »
A few months ago Walt Francis and I were discussing selfbows (on TradGang)and Mickey Lotz's(the Ferret) Floppy Rule, for laying up and building selfbows. Walt told me he has some he printed on Mylar and said he would send me some to pass out. Well, a few days ago they showed up in my mail box. Walt apologized for the late delivery. With his Alaska trip, hunting season and his bow building classes he completely forgot about it. That is very understandable. I told him not to worry about it because next week I'm going to the Tenn. Classic and they were just in time for that.
 After cutting out the rules I have 30 to bring to the Classic. I will hand a few out in the bow building shed and put a few on the raffle table to help support the Tenn Classic.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline gifford

Re: a few reasons to love trad and primitive archers
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 03:12:03 pm »
Excellent idea for the Tenn Classic. I got one from Mickey many years ago. Went to copy store and did the same thing. Printing them out on Mylar and passing them out at MoJAMs over the years. I still use mine and find it a very helpful tool. Kudos to you for your generosity.

Offline razorbak

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 01:18:11 am »
That’s cool I tried to copy one but never could get the right size so I gave up

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 08:00:52 pm »
Razor, if I have any after the Classic I'll be happy to send you one.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hammerstone

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 10:37:57 pm »
I have one that Mickey gave me at Mojam quite some time ago.
I quit building and started shooting fiberglass bows for a few years. I'm now back to the self bows again and it's one of my favorite tools. Glad I hung on to it .
Noble gesture Pat .

Offline razorbak

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 12:22:30 am »
Pat that would be great!! Thank you sir

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 03:41:56 pm »
Don't forget to send me your name and address. I'll be sending them out on Tuesday.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2024, 08:07:17 am »
Thanks Pat, gave away all but a few at the Classic, funny some of the younger guys had never heard of them or Micky  ??? I had to explain. I have a draw knife he gave me when he was there several years ago, never used it, it is still in the pack hanging on one of my walls, to pretty to use.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2024, 09:03:46 pm »
I got one and I can tell you that this thing is a mighty handy tool. I don't have a lot of tools that are this useful and yet take up so little space!!!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2024, 01:40:52 am »
Thanks for getting Mickey's Floppy Rule passed around, Pappy. Walt Francis from TradGang printed them up and sent them to me to distribute. What better place that Twin Oaks during the Classic to get that done.  :OK

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2024, 09:29:06 am »
Yep they were well received , Thanks.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good