Author Topic: Pig Stickers  (Read 13511 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Pig Stickers
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:26:58 pm »
Hope to see a few of these buried up to the feathers in a hog this weekend. Cane, 650 gr. +-, points are mostly rhyolite, basalt, and hornstone hafted with deer sinew and pine pitch.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

radius

Re: Pig Stickers
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:38:38 pm »
those are pretty sweet

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 10:45:10 pm »
very nice sir, look awesome... where you huntin hogs? there some in NC?
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 10:50:27 pm »
Thanks guys. HT, Me, Chris Cade (Mechslasher), and Eddie (Mullet) are going down to Georgia this weekend feral hog hunting. There are quite a few wild Russian Boar here in the Smokies, but they're almost impossible to hunt without a pack of good dogs.
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 10:53:38 pm »
well good luck to ya cavemen! we got some hogs that escaped pens and farms here that can be shot on sight but no good pop.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 10:57:13 pm »
Wish You all Good Luck....hey ....tell me ...is this A Russian or just anothe Black feral Hog??? It isnt the best picture...because thay always come in at Dark...... Oh.and really bice Stickers there Hillbilly!!! Ought to get some Meat for Sure!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 11:02:42 pm »
another question for ya hillbilly.. ;D them smokies are they high enough that theres a temp. difference than down lower?
Modern Day Tramp

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 11:04:30 pm »
 Mike, he looks like a feral to me, body is too short for a Russian. Nice job on the arrows Steve, looking forward to it. It'll be fun before I take off next week for Louisianna or Brazil. Oh, have you checked out the weather? ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 11:09:14 pm »
I am really gettin the jitters to hunt piggies! One day! ONE DAY!!!

Beautiful points and arrows there. I like Ryolite! Though I think I will stay with obsidian. Don't think I like the amount of self abuse that goes into making them!  :'(
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 11:09:59 pm »
Thats what I was thinking too Eddie...I was going by the Slope of the Forehead though...not flat enough for a Russian.... still going to eat Her!!!

Tiller...you can go with my Buddy John...in Lower Michigan....he hunts them in a Tag Elder Swamp....with a Spear....aint no way....I am going to be on the ground with a Spear against a Boar...Nope....uh--ahhh.....no way!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 11:11:01 pm »
Mike, hard to say-can't see it too good. I'd say that it's a black feral. HT, yeah, there's a lot of difference in elevation/climate. Every thousand feet of elevation is about the equivilant of going 200 miles north. We have elevations close to 7,000 feet. Above 5500' elevation, the climate here is basically the same as southern Canada with the same plant communities: spruce-fir forest, northern hardwoods, lots of Canadian/northern US plants and animals. We've recorded snow every month of the year at the highest elevations. So you can go from deep south to northwoods by driving a few miles.
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 11:12:02 pm »
  Looks just like the right size for the grill. :P ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 11:14:41 pm »
Well Hillbilly....maybe I need to look into N.C for retirement too....instead of just Tennessee!! The Wife wants nice Winters....I want to go where there is Snow...so this could kill two birds with one stone!!

Eddie....if I can get a Shot at Her....it will be Grill Meat!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 11:32:15 pm »
I am so jealous! If I tried to hunt on the island I am on the tree huggers would be up in arms. You should see them when I wear a cammo T-shirt around town. I just love ticken them off though! So much fun!!!  >:D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 11:37:25 pm »
i do too d tiller, we dont have many that i know of, but i like wearin camo sometimes so people know im a hunter and thats what goes on in the mountains above the "city"
Modern Day Tramp