Author Topic: archery shoot  (Read 4608 times)

snakebow

archery shoot
« on: July 20, 2008, 05:28:10 pm »
Don't mean to toot anyones horn here but my 9 year old son won a silver medal in a local shoot today. I don't know who is more excited, me or him. He has'nt taken the medal off since we got home.

Offline armymedic.2

Re: archery shoot
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 05:45:26 pm »
awesome, i remember the first shoot i won, how nervous i was when i saw i was in the lead, and waiting for the other shooters to finish.  what a feeling getting the trophy, and now as a father i can see how proud you must be.  congrats to you and the lad!  good job keeping the sport alive!
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 12:38:48 pm »
Tell him congrats,and we are all rooting for him to repeat.Staring them young is the way to go,helps keep off the tube.You should be proud. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 12:46:29 pm »
Congrats to your son. 8)    Tell him he is already ahead of me and I've been doing this stuff for over 20 years. ;D      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 01:47:37 pm »
Congrats eh, but where's the picture of the champ ???
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

snakebow

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 10:30:55 pm »
Sorry, I don't have a camera yet. He wore that medal for a day and a hlf before he took it off. Before that shoot I had to bug him to shoot with me. Now he wants to practice every night. Goo thing to, there is another shoot in a week and a half. He is planing on going to that one too.