Author Topic: Scorpion-King Bow replica.  (Read 24769 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: Scorpion-King Bow replica.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 03:20:20 pm »
 True to form of a classic Thimo photo. ;) I always love the serious concentration of your full draw pics. Cool bow Thimo, it would definately be intimidating to see that pointed toward you in battle. :o
  How about some more pics and detail? What's the unbraced profile look like and a few close ups of the tips would be sweet as well.
  Nice to see ya here here bro. I've always admired your bows and your skills.  ;)   Keenan

Offline Keenan

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 03:27:45 pm »
 Wolshire, "If Thimo makes it into the mag with his shirt off, Im gonna have to hide it from my wife."

I agree. I find my wife doing double takes on some of his pics.  ::)  Maybe we can photo shop his pics and put our own heads on there. >:D Somehow I don't think I could capture the look. ::)

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 03:56:31 pm »

that's a cool bow, man! how about some details of how you made it??

frank
Frank from Germany...

ThimoS

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 06:35:57 pm »
Thankyou very much everyone. I've got pics of the making of it somewhere and will find them.

ThimoS

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 06:54:32 pm »
All I can find at the moment are some pics of the movie bow and one pic of the early stages of the one I made.

Offline The Burnt Hill Archer

• Potter County, Pennsylvania
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 07:56:40 pm »
Thimo, are you sure your not related to the rock? i see a slight resemblance. >:D

Phil
stalk softly, and carry a bent stick.

ThimoS

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 10:49:10 pm »
No I see no resemblance. I did real wrestling in my day. LOL

Offline Dane

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 11:05:03 pm »
Thimo, it is good to see you here. I occasionally visit paleoplanet, and wish you were also over here. Your work and sense of humor and outlook is refreshing indeed. And I have to admit, I tried to find that book you mentioned about the two kids surviving in the winter mountains, as I seem to vaugly recall it too, but I haven't had any luck thus far.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

ThimoS

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 12:29:10 am »
Thanks Dane! That book will resurface I have no doubt. It will come at the time I most need it. That's the way life goes with me, and I have zero complaints.

Rich Saffold

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 12:41:24 am »
I just love the Rock's full draw shot..4 fingers..on a 30# bow :D

gene roberts

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 05:06:07 pm »
SWEET

ThimoS

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 05:18:30 am »
Thankyou.

Rich, who said he couldn't act. LOL

Offline Dane

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 12:00:12 pm »
The Rock did a pretty good job in the recent Doom, and he seems like a totally nice guy. The muscle guys turned actors all seem that way - Mr. T, Governor Arnold, etc.
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

ThimoS

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 02:49:25 pm »
Dane I totally agree. I'm never one for knocking bodybuilders I was one since 12-27. Won a few contests once-upon-a-time.

It's cool to me to have read Arnold's bio some 30 years ago and know that his goals were to 1st be the top body-builder, then come to America, be an actor and perhaps politics. LOL. He's done them all and in spades.

Sports like wrestling and bodybuilding and yes even bowyering are great because they are one man shows. You are you own judge-jury-and executioner. You can't blame fellow teammates. It's you v/s yourself. You have to set your own agenda and stick to it with and without a coach kicking your butt to get there.

I believe it is years of bodybuilding that gives me the drive and confidence to attack bows the way I do today. I'm one of those 100% or nothing types.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »
 Thimo, You hit the nail on the head, I agree sports can teach great disipline that will follow through life.  I was a gymnast for seven years and wrestled for five and a few years of tiakwondo.  Partial effort dosen't cut it,  all or nothin.