Author Topic: KITH  (Read 128161 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: KITH
« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2008, 12:25:13 pm »
Dana, I have some made up that I could send out if you don't have time. Let me know.

John

That would be great John, I'm more than willing but am short on time right now :(
All I can say is what a great bunch of guys we have here, with one notable exception ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline stiknstring

« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2008, 12:43:39 pm »
Mr Madcrow-

Things are pretty decent up here in the Big Sky State.  I have been hella busy (mostl seems like I am running in place though).  Kids jump from sport season to sport season and their dad must follow. I am trying to get a bow done for a nephew and another for a friend but just struggle to find time which is why I did not join the KITH or Christmas trade this year...if I cannot live up to my end then I just wont make the comittment, even though sometimes that is what spurs on action. Going hunting tomorrow (rifle season) to hopefully get some meat for my sister and her family. I don't really need it and they definitely do right now, times are hard for them.  Hopefully I get one down so that I can spend this weekend hunting some rabbits with my son who is learning to handle a bow pretty well...how is your BIG boy doing.  We should take this offline so go ahead and shoot me a PM buddy.

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2008, 12:58:50 pm »
I should be able to mail one out in a couple of days. I have to make a sheath for it and don't want it to look like I hurried.

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2008, 01:36:19 pm »
The one I am sending out will be next week.  This sheath is going to wear my fingers to the bones. >:D >:D >:D  I think he will like it though.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2008, 01:45:55 pm »
Thats great guys, we take of our own eh :)

radius I'm glad yer not in the Christmas Trade and not sure how you can live with yourself >:(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2008, 01:53:44 pm »
This is a great site with lots of good folks!! And with that said. One small splinter is not enough to bring a shadow over the spirit of this KITH! and the commorodery of everyone has proven this..

P.S. Radius I understand you got busy and lost your shop! But its ok Just Stay in the truck Bubba WE GOT THIS!!

radius

« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2008, 01:59:01 pm »
This is a great site with lots of good folks!! And with that said. One small splinter is not enough to bring a shadow over the spirit of this KITH! and the commorodery of everyone has proven this..

P.S. Radius I understand you got busy and lost your shop! But its ok Just Stay in the truck Bubba WE GOT THIS!!
[/quote

i didn't just get busy:  my life went all to hell!  And it's not just that i lost my shop:  i barely have a pot to piss in.

Some guys are being real jerks about this, and so I gotta say I appreciate you reminding them to think about the good stuff that came out of this.  DanaM and Sailordad, I really like the knives you sent me.  They are very cool and well made.  I know you enjoyed making them and you enjoyed giving them away.  The reason I was rude to madcrow is that he was rude to me in a PM. 

You guys take care, and keep up the good work.

R

Offline DanaM

« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2008, 02:08:10 pm »
Sorry to here that your life went to hell but you still have an obligation to make good on your word.
A easy out was suggested to you, send the knives you received on to whe guys you drew, simple enough.
Hopefully things will get better for you.

Manistique, MI

Offline sailordad

« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2008, 02:09:46 pm »
i personally wont hold a grudge beacuse i have been in that sitsuation and its not fun or pretty.

radius i hope you enjoy the knife it was made for you so please keep it and i hope you dont feel bad cause sometimes things happen that you cant control.

if you want i can send the other knife that i made,just like the one i made for you, to one of the uys you drew. it will just take me a couple of days to make a sheath.

pm me and let me know.
i really hope things turn around for ya man. cause i know how that sucks,been ther done that more than once.

i know most here wont agree with me but hey cut the gut a little slack,because like a said sometimes things happen that you cant control and they can affect every aspect of our daily lives.

peace,
                                                                          tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline stiknstring

« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2008, 02:20:46 pm »
The appropriate action would be to bow out gracefully by passing on the knives that were gifted to him to the people that he promised knives to....totally innappropriate to pass your own misfortune on to others.  Just my two cents....and thats about what it is worth most of the time.

I am not bashing...just shaking my head in sadness over these actions because examples like this are what limit others from potentially joining the next one.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »
Neither of my pm's were rude.  They were actually the polite version.

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #266 on: November 05, 2008, 03:06:22 pm »
The only reason I'm sending out another knife to one of Radius' draws is because I feel i am blessed and if/when Radius gets back on his feet I think he will remember this. We are a family here and family takes care of family. At least were I come from. I agree Radius should send on the knives he recieved, but I am not in his situation and they may be all he has left. Just my 2 cents.

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline sailordad

« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2008, 03:10:00 pm »
okie1

i totaly agree with what you said.
i have been contact with radius on this matter and hope he sands me a name and adress. because i too feel the same way and have been in that situation before.
never asked for help but also never turned it down when it was needed and offered to me. so now i am doing what i can, you know the karma thing.

peace,
                                                                                      tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline stiknstring

« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2008, 04:10:47 pm »
You guys are THE reason I love this board. Good folks helping good folks

Offline sailordad

« Reply #269 on: November 05, 2008, 04:17:29 pm »
i do what i can with what little i have been given if life  ;D :D

peace,
                                                                            tim