Author Topic: Archery Fairy returns  (Read 5738 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Archery Fairy returns
« on: August 24, 2008, 05:57:46 pm »
Looky what I found in the mail today(too lazy to go out and get it yesterday  ;D ).  They are from Kenneth(Little John). Two obsidian points, one black, one with mahogany streaks, 2 trade points with single bevel edge and 3 field/small game points. Thanks Kenneth. All of these will go on arrows.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Archery Fairy returns
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 06:06:32 pm »
Sweet loot there Bro...didnt know that fairy's visited gnomes 8) :o :D....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 06:27:57 pm »
Sounds unnatural, don't it? >:D      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 06:51:05 pm »
I like them points! Will have to try some in the same style one day.

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 07:04:52 pm »
The 2 metal points are HEAVY! 254gr and 298gr. I'll have to dress up the edges and that will reduce the weight a bit. I tell you what! once you got these things moving, ain't nothing gonna stop it! 8)Not a deer, not an elk! 8)  Thanks again Kenneth.        Pat

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 10:04:02 pm »
I gots me some of those same beveled trade points too-the archery fairy stopped on this side of the mountain before it flitted over your way.  :) ;D Those are wicked points, look like they'd take down a elephant.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 11:52:53 pm »
...at least an ELK!!! ;)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 08:23:46 am »
I think Kenneth cranks back some pretty heavy weight to send them arrows on their way! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Little John

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 08:25:28 am »
I have got one mounted up on an extra sweet shooting bamboosa shaft that hopefully will get its chance to shine. 750 grains ond shoots deep into a hay bale. Normally I can make a few of these at work but have been so squeezed for schedules and deadlines for the last 18 months can hardly get a government project sneaked in. Pat I did not make the obsidian points and the tie on blunts and field point were just left overs and  laying on my table, did not know if you had any like them or not. have fun, life is good.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 12:34:56 pm »
Nice stuff Kenneth,They ought to do the job. Hope you get a chance Pat,Hillbilly to put one through a deer and an Elk for you Kenneth.Good luck all ,it is about here.Yes Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 01:03:33 pm »
very nice points brother, hope you make some meat with them .. better show some pics on here if you do ;D happy huntin HAWK
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 02:21:32 pm »
I haven't had a fairy swing by in awhile - guess it's too hot down here :'(. That's some cool stuff though - arta work.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.