Author Topic: Arra's for this season.  (Read 7650 times)

Offline Little John

Re: Arra's for this season.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 12:42:23 am »
Nice arrows Paul, I have night mares about a broken shaft going thru my arm. If you axidently scorch a cane arrow, dont trust it. Be careful and have fun, good hunting.                                                                  

Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 08:42:03 am »
Only thing missing from the equation that I can tell is some vittle's on hoof in front of you!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 10:10:54 am »
Nice arrows and bows too Paul.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 10:40:52 am »
Can't wait guys - less than two weeks. I'm down to two that will hit where I point "generally".
 Mike: it's all in the platform preparation and angle of the strike. Early on you can take off some nice flakes from the base, later in percussion and pressure you'll want to do more from the sides. Get your base thin first then work on the rest of it - less chance of breaking them. Your point end is going to be naturally easy to thin since it's so narrow. We're going to have to hook up again - sound's like you could use a tune up ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 11:24:04 am »
More like an overhaul >:(   

;D Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Shooter_G22

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 02:57:33 am »
WOW !!!  those are some really nice Bows!!!  the arrows are cool too... but i really like the bows!!!

espeacily the one far back with the diamond's on it...  and the second one or the one in the middle...   those are the types of bows i would love to be able to make one day.. just now trying to start making Bows and i have been haveing a hard time learning...

what type of bow are those???  did you make those??? sorry for all the questions...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 01:06:30 am »
Shooter, I sure don't mind questions. That one in the back is a hickory pyramid style bow, the on in the middle is a white oak - deer hide backed. And I made em - a work in progress :). Keep asking question's and post pic's as you go along - me and everyone else will help you along ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Dustybaer

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 01:49:06 am »
very nice arrows, paul.  you sure are a man of many talents.