Author Topic: arrow box  (Read 4645 times)

Offline bootboy

• vinland longbows
arrow box
« on: October 02, 2008, 11:54:56 am »
I have a lot of plywood that I got off a job site recently and I have been thinking about making a rough cabinet or arrow box, I don't really know the correct name if there is one. Would any of you guys have some plans I could use?
knapp 'um if you got 'um

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: arrow box
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:15 pm »
 Just make a box long enough to hold your arrows and put some foam in it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 10:37:41 pm »
yeah sounds about right to me...

Zander

Shooter_G22

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 10:41:10 pm »
are you talking about putting togather a box or arrow rack like what you would see at a archery shop that has holes on the bottom and mid way up that holds about a 100 arrows point down and feathers up???   i was thinking of making something like that as well but dont have plans...

or what type of arrow box are you talking about???

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 01:33:23 pm »
why get plans, just improvise

Zander

Arthur Herrmann

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 02:19:11 pm »
In wood shop, I am makin a bow rack. I am in school, and only get 30 real working minutes a day. It holds two bows and a dozen arrows. It is going to been done in a couple months, so it'll be a while till I post it.

If you have takin woods, and are good, then improvise. Might make one at the end of the year, I will post it then.

Offline bootboy

• vinland longbows
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 10:34:37 pm »
sort of like an arrow rack, but they stand upright and its a complete cabinet looking thing.
knapp 'um if you got 'um

Shooter_G22

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 01:31:54 am »
yea,   i know just on project at a time...

but i got improvised plan in my head....   it will consist of a crude frame of maybe 2x4's  left over at the job site and a half sheet of the of that masonight board that has the holes in it to hold up racks or pins that hold up hooks...  you know the kind that people put in there shop to hold up there tools...

anyway since the holes are allready there and nice and neat in order i just figured on getting a wider drill bit and drill them out a little wider so that arrow's would fit through it and make it like a table top with wide arrow hole on the top suface and then another hole board at the bottom with origanal size hole in it so that the field tips insert snug up...and hold the arrow straight...  or maybe both top and bottom have hole for arrow shaft to fit through and just some ply wood on bottom of the bottom hole board about an inch or two apart so that i can load it with untipped arrow or just plan shafts ready to build up...  ;D