Author Topic: post a picture of yourself in full camo- hunting garb.  (Read 28389 times)

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
Re: post a picture of yourself in full camo- hunting garb.
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2008, 10:31:13 pm »
Me and my son huntertrapper...im shootin the curve...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 10:32:44 pm »
huntertrapper

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2008, 10:37:26 pm »
Nothing like spending time outdoors with your son ,you liken the bow.
                                                                        Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2008, 11:30:31 pm »
I,m enjoying shooting a recurve.The pictures are of us on the first day of Pa. season in Potter County.We hiked in Friday night and spent the night(absolutely beautiful night--clear-calm-30degrees)I saw a nice buck-no shot and my boy saw 3 bear and 1 deer at dark.Good Times!!!!!Lloyd

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2008, 09:14:55 pm »
Ballista yes thats a Montana longbow, my son tried to make a Oak ,Bamboo backed bow it didn't work out we kinda got in a hurry, it got pulled to far to fast.He does have an Osage and bamboo bow he is working on right now in the floor tiller stages.I didn't push him to primitive or self made bow he just came around one day and decided he wanted to try make one. Hes my son and number one hunting partner so if he wants to shoot the BMLB I will support him.Need to post my picture in my hunting attire my wife says I am getting in touch with what little Native American blood I have.But boy I sure get some stares from the wheelie guys and they even say and stone points! I thought It was kinda cool the other day as I was coming up the trail to my van. And there was a older couple riding down the trail on there horses so I yielded the trail to them. One would say that would be proper trail etiquette and polite [only because a horse is to big for me to drag out] know just joking,and as the older man and women reined up to me standind on side of the trail. They begin to look me up and down like what in the world and then he said [you know its good to see somebody still usen real arrows]
                                                                Dennis
thats awesome man- ill hunt with a selfbow someday, for now that bear bow is great ;D im pretty sure im near your sons age too, if that dosent sound too weird-im 15, used a compound all last year, but I alwaysed loved the though of instinct shooting. i got a little into it, and decided it would be cool to make a bow myself, hence trad bowyers bible! my dad dosen't want me hunting with the longbow until I get a deer, which is reasonable, plus I saved up for a long time for that hoyt compound bow I got. so my solution=put six hooks in my tree, bring both bows ;D thats awesome though, there's not much more that makes me happy then shooting on a cool day, or, in the garage sanding the finishing touches into a bow, and pulling it back to full draw.   -jimmy
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2008, 08:54:32 am »
Last year,but I wear the same thing most of the time.Just a different hat when it gets cold. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2008, 10:36:30 am »
Here's my ultimate hunting camo-the deer think I'm a stoner Rastafarian and not a threat to them...........................

Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Cromm

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2008, 10:39:19 am »
Hahahaha.......
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2008, 11:11:52 am »
Well, the deer wouldn't be too wrong! ;D      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2008, 11:48:12 am »
What the.... ??? ;D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 12:14:48 pm by jackcrafty »
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Keenan

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2008, 11:48:54 am »
 :D :D :D Perfect match on the red eye!  The scarry part is that there is some truth to getting close by looking unlike a hunter. Once a few years ago my wife and I had spotted three nice bucks feeding along a forest sevice road. We went a ways past them and cut into the forest. After about 45 minutes of working and stalking in, Lulyn was just about to get a shot. She had gone from tree to tree and crawled through allot of brush.
  All of the sudden a white SUV came flying down the road and slammed on the brakes. This guy junps out wearing white tennis shoes, white shorts, and a white tank top. Starts running through the woods with a bow, right towards the bucks. They just stand there looking at him as he runs right up to them and shoots the 4x4 muley. The deer run off, so we went up to him,(startled by our presence) He says where did you guys come from,  he has no idea where he has hit the buck. ::) First time hunting and states, Wow that was so easy,,,,,I've never done this before! ::) ::)
  I offered to help track the buck because he had no idea what he was doing! Lulyn was furious and once we found the buck he stated that he wasn't sure what to do now ::) Lulyn looking down at this nice velvet muley made some comment about your not going to help this idiot clean my buck!  Can't blame her for being a little miffed.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2008, 12:12:02 pm »
Pat and Hawkbow, Lulyn finally saw this thread last night and got a kick out of it. She agreed that I need an outfit like hawkbow or Redhawk.
 Pat ,she couldn't believe how much different you look without the beard ;D

Nice Pappy!

Chris, She got a kick out of yours, and I'm glad she's somewhat protective of my jewels ;D

She said to me ,,well at least you didn't post a pic with attitude,,,,,,, :o

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2008, 10:28:12 pm »
This is me when I normally go wife says it is what, little native american blood I have showing through.Got busted by a fork horn tonight at eight yards.Spotted this tonight to !
                                       Dennis

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:35:13 pm by kayakfisher »
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2008, 11:59:02 pm »
nice kayakfisher....i like your shirt...you remind me of hawk as you are...nice bow and nice hornets nest too!
Modern Day Tramp

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2008, 10:55:55 am »
I made that shirt a year or two ago ,something to do, use to rendezvous to ,after I made it.
My wife said now what are you going to do with it,cant wear it out in society.She really gets upset when I wear it out to dinner ,deer really don't care what you have on as long as your not moving or flinging arrows at them.And since I'm shooting a plains style bow with a plains style quiver why not.The shirt is made from deer hides decorated with squirrels tails turkey beards and deer fur things from past hunts it is my honor shirt.
                                    Dennis
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:20:41 am by kayakfisher »