Author Topic: Burnt out?  (Read 3640 times)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Burnt out?
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:51:34 pm »
I find that I don't want to practice my shooting anymore unless I've got a new bow in my hands.....have I been doing this too long? ??? ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
Re: Burnt out?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:13:25 pm »
Nope.. You do have 1 that is above all others dont you? ;)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 10:57:30 pm »
Yes, the last one I built. >:D

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas

How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 11:34:48 pm »
Been there done that.  Sad part is the new might wear off after 4 shots.  :'(
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline armymedic.2

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 02:59:30 am »
ive had that happen to me too, best thing i did was lay down the bow for about a week, and tenm start all different.  no more backyard shooting, time to hit the woods looking for stumps and squerrils.  you don't even realize you are practicing cause you are having fun/hunting, and really it is probably the best practice you can get.  lay it down for a week, see if you aren't going nuts for it after, lol.  i know i was/am
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 08:08:58 am »
Do that all the time,I shoot a different bow almost every week,shoot one till I get tired of it
and go to another.Then several weeks/months later I pick up the one I started with and it seem new again. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

jamie

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 08:11:05 am »
stump shootin and squirrells like medic said

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 12:34:58 pm »
I'll be shooting squirrels here pretty soon.....we've got 3 big pecan trees in the back yard of my new house and they're startin' to drop. ;D  Can't wait.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas

Papa Matt

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 01:07:29 pm »
I've thought about this before, and here's my conclusion. We must define the addiction. Our hobby could be described as primitive, because our society is not. We love our bows and primitive gear, but they are not at all necessary to live in our modern, ratnest society. Therefore, we keep making them and making them because we love to, but we use them very little. example, since I have to work tomorrow and Friday, leaving me no time to hunt, what will I do after work since I get home at 6pm, eat supper,  and won't be able to go hunting? Sit down, and work on straightening some shafts. In other words, build, as opposed to use. And thus rolls on the addiction. More building, and little using. We don't use our equipment as much as we'd like to, but we love our hobby so much that we keep making more. I plan to stop building bows after I get a couple more built. And shoot them all till they wear out one day and then build more. Which of course, takes strong will I know. But honestly, most of us make so many, that we don't TRULY appreciate the ones we have. We may love and adore them, but they only get put aside when we start on #2.

~~Papa Matt