Author Topic: Which one?  (Read 5494 times)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Re: Which one?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 04:42:16 pm »
 I've got the grizz,and it has been a good saw for 5 years now.  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 11:47:57 pm »
 i bought the standard 9" via menards for 89 bucks, and that works great, but in woodshop we use a 14 inch grizzly-BUT: check craiglist, you'd be amazed what people are selling tools on there for. I almost bought a mounted beltsander for 40 bucks :o good luck in your search though, -jimmy
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 11:01:27 am »
Stay away from Harbor Freight Power Tools.......JMO
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline TRACY

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 11:20:36 am »
Stonedog, it's kinda like buying a non-magnum shotgun. Go ahead and get what you can afford that is worth the money and is not inferior for possible future.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

brian melton

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 11:56:54 am »

Most harbor freight tools are junk, BUT I have had my 14 inch saw for 6 yrs, and no problems......I have heard others with not so good of luck...Some people are harder on tools than others, I suspect that is a factor in tool usage. My kid can break a fiberglass shovel in a few minutes, that I could use for yrs.....

Brian

Offline bcbull

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 12:02:53 pm »
 put  ur mind at ease !!! buy a jet and forget about trying to find parts and somthing thats good every power tool in my shop is a jet and iv yet to have any plms  if ya cant get parts for em whats the point of havin em ?  iv found it easier to find jet   than any of the other  and i agree stay away from harbor fright  and grizzly   for that matter  iv had some grizzly  tool s that are total junk for example  plastice spindels  and such in grizzly tool s  my 2 cents  good luck  brock

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 06:26:47 pm »
Well....I just bit the bullet and bought a 14" Delta today....oh well....it's only money!
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying

brian melton

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 07:25:17 pm »
Bcbull,

Mind at ease? I bought a jet 18 inch NEW within 2 weeks the lower wheels main shaft sheared clear off, talk about exciting......blade jamed into the side of the saw. If I was going to recomend a saw that is a work horse , look at LAGUNA!! Going to be spendy though!

Brian

Rich Saffold

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 11:06:46 pm »
I'd say thats a good choice. I have a 14" Delta with a built-up table in the wood shop I work in to use, and I have a 9" Ryobi at home. Both saws have custom blades.  Either easily makes the cuts for the bows you want since thats mostly what I do. What matters most is how sharp that blade is when cutting bellies and outlines..

Rich