Author Topic: Another Addict......not me this time.  (Read 5584 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Another Addict......not me this time.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 06:18:59 pm »
There isn't a cure, but there is a medication/distraction- arrow making >:D!

Yeah, exactly.  Just like kicking a morphine additcion by taking up heroine!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 09:09:29 pm »
   Well you could start building arrows. But then you would need feathers, so here comes turkey season. And what the heck, gotta have points, so you need to learn flint knapping,,, see where this is going? ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline robbsbass

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 11:21:53 pm »
I do agree with El Destructro about droppping the elbow a little if possible, but some girls are taught to keep their bow arm a little foward so something doesn't get hit with the string. Because of this and the high anchor point, it has a tendency to shorten the draw length and thus unfortunitly a slightly high elbow.
I would rather see her shooting with a high elbow,than getting into trouble like so many young people today. Tell her to keep up the good work

Robb
live each day the best you can

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 11:36:04 pm »
So, I need to buy more leather, all matching of course, and make an arm guard and a .........hmmm.......well...........another , color coordinated protection device.   OK, well, Christmas is coming, i'll do the leather work along with making her a "daddy-special" bow.   

piper

Offline Kegan

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 07:25:08 pm »
Looks like She has Her Anchor and Follow Through down pat.......now just have Her drop that Elbow a Bit....and She will have it!!

Ain't it great to have Kids that like to go outside and do things......Like We used to do!! Not Vegetate in front of the Tube!!!!

Not all of us are vegetables. My brother and I are still at it. Why, just the other day he broke his thumb lumberjacking :)!

JW_Halverson - Exactly >:D!!!

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 08:23:14 pm »
Kegan, I stand corrected.  You are right, not ALL YOUNG PEOPLE are veggies.  But, you know there are a bunch of them.  It is so easy to "go to the mall",   watch TV, sit on Facebook and chat.....and not to actually CREATE or CRAFT  anything.  I commend you for being active in a productive and interesting hobby (that doesn't take batteries). 

Rock 'n roll,

Piper