Author Topic: Best Arrow Set  (Read 157626 times)

Offline livingearth

Re: Best Arrow Set
« Reply #210 on: July 12, 2013, 03:38:37 am »
So this is the second set of arrows I've attempted.  They were mainly meant for target shooting but I ended up putting Judo's on three of them for small game.  They are spined for a #35 lb classic Hoyt recurve. They are modern arrows for a modern bow and the bright colors really help to find them in the woods.  I made these guys over two days using a gasket dip, then I painted the nock ends white for visibility and then crested them with a home made cresting machine I built from a drill sharpener motor.  The shafts are port orford cedar tapered shafts.

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2013, 03:58:17 am »
Pretty!   Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2013, 03:34:30 pm »
My new best set, I think they make the last set look like little kid arts and crafts work
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,40591.0.html
Just click on the link

Design credit goes to tenbrook and in part to Osage outlaw
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2013, 11:52:51 pm »
Here
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2014, 02:59:06 pm »
Dyed spruce shafts, turkey feather fletching, artificial sinew, metal trade points (osage bow). Primitive arrows. The whole set has been donated to a County museum, hopefully a fair representation of what the Missouria tribe might have used.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:02:14 pm by Hrothgar »
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2014, 09:50:32 pm »
May not be the best set, but here is my newest set of trad arrows I made for a trade. POC. Thanks for lookin, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2014, 10:25:13 pm »
Mighty fine look'n set of arras.............Derik  :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2014, 10:38:47 pm »
Nice!
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2014, 11:20:01 pm »
Very nice Derik!
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #219 on: July 05, 2014, 04:30:47 pm »
I guess these would be modern then? bah, I don't care, I love'em
bamboo cane + or - 13 grains
turkey secondaries, dyed myself (first try I know they suck)
steel tips. these are target arrows (spose I could hunt with em if i threw on some broadheads)

Zander

Bird: "Guys?  Whay happened to you?"

Offline 4giveme

« Reply #220 on: October 02, 2014, 01:53:35 pm »
Hi all,
Was just thinking this would be a nice place to post the arrows that I made for a couple of fellow PA members to complete a trade we entered into. I put most of the info on the pics, but any other questions please feel free to ask. I do hope Trapper Rob and DuBois enjoy them and get some game. thanks for the shafts and fletching guys.

God bless and thanks,
Tommy

"There are only two things we can't change, yesterday and tomorrow. So let's live in the moment and make the best choices we can right now."

Unknown author.

Offline 4giveme

« Reply #221 on: October 02, 2014, 01:54:55 pm »
more pics
God bless and thanks,
Tommy

"There are only two things we can't change, yesterday and tomorrow. So let's live in the moment and make the best choices we can right now."

Unknown author.

Offline flecha

« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2016, 03:28:55 am »
First set. Primitive. These are just pulled out of my hunting quiver. All arrows that work for a living and show the 'patina' that is the result of their job. Rosewood main shaft. Elk sinew bindings. Red osier dogwood fore shaft. Ponderosa pine resin. Hide glue. Rust/orange from conch off Douglas fir trees ground to powder mixed with hide glue.
"We roped anything, anytime, anywhere with serene disregard for the consequences.
Arnold Rojas

Offline flecha

« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2016, 03:31:44 am »
First set. Primitive. These are just pulled out of my hunting quiver. All arrows that work for a living and show the 'patina' that is the result of their job. Rosewood main shaft. Elk sinew bindings. Red osier dogwood fore shaft. Ponderosa pine resin. Hide glue. Rust/orange from conch off Douglas fir trees ground to powder mixed with hide glue.
"We roped anything, anytime, anywhere with serene disregard for the consequences.
Arnold Rojas

Offline flecha

« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2016, 03:34:21 am »
Arnold Rojas