Author Topic: knife  (Read 11708 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: knife
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 10:49:02 pm »
  David, It's a Suthern' Thing. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 09:01:06 am »
I'm about as Southern as you can get, and I despise the durn things. My recipe for collards: Let the deer and groundhogs eat 'em and get fat, then shoot the deer and groundhogs and eat them. Taste much better. I also have a good recipe for chicken livers/catfish. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline david w.

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 09:23:33 am »
you can keep them in the south :)
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 12:08:06 pm »
what the...you should send that to james for his point.  he'd love the use of copper.  cornbread, collards, and hot vinegar! 
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 06:17:06 pm »

Dang Hillbilly, what is wrong with you boy!?  Collards is Gooood!  I like collards, mustard greens, turnip greens, beet tops, etc.  About the only root vegetable that I won't eat is a stinking rutabaga!  I don't even want to be anywhere near it.  I am not going to say what it smells like when you boil those things.  Now back to the collards, yep Mechslasher, collards, turnips, mustard greens, or beet tops, with fried corn bread, and pepper sauce.  It just don't get much better.   Hillbilly, David, you just ain't had no proper up fetchin, if'n you don't be a likin collards, n such.  But, as they say up in Hillbilly's area, if you don't like em, " It don't make me no never mind. "  Jes that much more for me! Pass the corn bread, and butter, and pepper sauce please.....

Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 06:28:10 pm »
Wayne thats down right racist to discrimate against the poor old rutabegas like that :o I love em, boiled and mashed with real butter and and a spoonful of brown sugar
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmTasty ;D
Only had da Collard greens once and they were mighty tasty also, of course they were swimming in bacon fat ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 06:40:44 pm »

Well the only proper way to cook collards, and the other greens, is with a nice piece of fat back, or smoked ham hock.  I will share a table with you any time, but you have to sit at the other end.  I'll eat my collards, and you can eat da rutabagas, don't cha know.
Shoot, Ill even share the corn bread, and butter, and pepper sauce.  If you're not familiar with pepper sauce, it is basically a bottle, or mason jar, with green rooster spur type peppers, and vinegar.  I like to use apple cider vinegar. You put it on greens, snap peas, field peas, etc. I grew up eating it, since I was about three or four years old.  I had no choice.  My mother was from Headland Alabama, and My father was from somewhere around Macon, and Eastman, Ga.  He was not sure of the exact location.  It was a lonnnng time ago.  He passed away two years ago, at the age of 95.
Well since I have railed against the lowly rutabaga, I will also say that I don't care for rhubarb pie either.  My dad loved it.  Dang, now I wish I had some greens.  Way to go Eddie.  You could've just as easily laid that knife on a piece of leather.  See what you started.

Wayne

Offline david w.

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 06:54:50 pm »
vegtables = devil

there are only a few exceptions

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 07:15:28 pm »
  Dana, you ate some at Pappy's Classic last year. I took a few pounds up there and Cast Iron did them real good. Wayne one of the things I have to do this weekend is cut the Collards, boil them all day and Zip-Lock and freeze them for future use. I like Ruterbaga but you can keep anything that has to do with Beets.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 07:23:24 pm »

Ah, if you like greens, you will like beet tops.  I just absolutely love pickled beets! :P ;D

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 08:01:46 pm »
 Nasty, Nasty, Nasty, along with Spinach :( :( :'(
Lakeland, Florida

Offline DanaM

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 08:06:32 pm »
Wayne I will bring da pasties, without begas ;) :D

Ya Eddie I ate yer greens at Pappy's and they were excelent, I also like da cabbage and brussels :)

Like pickled beets to but never ate the greens and whats not to like about da rhubarb :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 08:11:57 pm »
 Ya can have my share of Rhubarb, too.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline david w.

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 08:12:27 pm »
strawberry - rhubarb pie is like crack

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 08:20:02 pm »
 Yep, Strawberries are real good. They are probally needed to mask the Rhubarb. ::)
Lakeland, Florida