Author Topic: knife  (Read 11727 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: knife
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 10:01:12 pm »
Eddie, I agree with you on the rhubarb. Stickbender, I had way too much fetchin' up in my younger days with Mama cooking collards, turnip greens, mustard greens, poke sallet, rhubarb, and all that stuff. That's why I don't eat it now. Give me a big chunk of meat, a tater, and a couple biscuits or cornbread and I'm happy. Don't need all that green cow food ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline david w.

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2008, 11:30:49 pm »
Yep, Strawberries are real good. They are probally needed to mask the Rhubarb. ::)

try it sometime you will love it.  The rhubard adds tartness and the strawberries are sweet.  its my favorite pie. :)

just eating rhubarb though :P
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline stickbender

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 01:06:56 am »

If I had strawberries, I'd just toss the rhubarb, and eat the strawberries.  I can eat some strawberries!  Well Hillbilly, I can put away some meat and taters, and or biscuits, and corn bread also, but I still like the greens.  After all , it made the cow big and strong.
Plus if you eat your veggies, you don't have all that predator smell, and the deer will walk right up to you and say why howdy, any good moss around here?  Ooh are you gonna finish that fescue?  Honest they will...... ;D  I was eating some grass onetime, and I was talking to all the little animals...... ;D  Oh wait those were brownies......well I think they had some grass in them...... ;)
Anyway, I guess it is like the Italians say, " tute i gusti, sono gusti. " not sure of the spelling, it means, all tastes are tastes, or to each his own.   I don't like buttermilk either!  That is another thing I don't want to be around.  My Dad, and Mom, and Grand Father , would eat it, with corn bread in it.  Looked like baby burp.  And how do you tell if it has gone bad?  I can just see where they make that stuff, all these plump little babies, hanging up side down, being shaken, and big vats under them......Anywho, that's my take on it.  Other than that I'm pretty open to different kinds of foods.  Cept for limburger, or leiderkrantz.  Or any of those other cheeses that are cured in the outhouse.   Oh, ya, and dat lutefisk, fer sure now, ya know.
                                                                             Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 01:55:44 am »
Wayne .....shame on you for not liking Rhutabagas...they are good for you....and good tasting too.....raw or cooked in  Pasties.......I know.....you'd rather eat the Greens than the Rhutabaga!!! Now I have another suggestion for you.....try some Casu Marzu .....since you are quoting Italian.....it looks so yummy....can just imagine what it must taste like!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_-JzM-YQg
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 10:35:24 am »
Stickbender-ROTFLMAO!! ;D;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 09:42:53 pm »
   Wayne, I am with you on the curdled milk. My wife and Uncle used to eat Buttermilk Cocktails. It was half and half Buttermilk and Budwieser with crumbled up cornbread. I have to lump that stuff in with Yogurt and that ol' nasty looking Cottage cheese. Reminds me of 80 year old women at Daytona Beach in bathing suits. :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 10:08:23 pm »
   Wayne, I am with you on the curdled milk. My wife and Uncle used to eat Buttermilk Cocktails. It was half and half Buttermilk and Budwieser with crumbled up cornbread. I have to lump that stuff in with Yogurt and that ol' nasty looking Cottage cheese. Reminds me of 80 year old women at Daytona Beach in bathing suits. :'(
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Eddie !!!!! Now thats more info than I needed !!!!! Now I gotta try ta get that pic of 80 year ole wimmen outta my mind !!!! :o ;D ;D.......bob

Offline stickbender

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 01:54:47 am »

Eldestructo;
     I will have that and a glass of " Grapa ".  Nah, I think I will skip that cheese.  You can put that in with other outhouse brand cheese.  Dang Eddie, you hit the nail on the head with that cottage cheese.  It is about as tasty as eating soft crayons.  Buttermilk cocktails?!!!!
Blech!!!  Man that is about as discusting as you can get I think!  That would go good with some of that Eskimo rotten meat.  I sure would not want to be around it.  I can just imagine the burps.  "Dang Eddie! You smell that?!  I think the dog barfed somewhere"......You have to wonder just who in the heck came up with these foods?!! Talk about a guranteed weight loss program.  Ok, for the first week, you can only eat, the cheese with maggots, and wash it down with buttermilk.  The second week, you can splurge, and have a buttermilk cocktail.  The third week, you can add lutefisk dip, and bleu cheese, and the other outhouse brand cheese, on green bread, top it off with cottage cheese.  You should drop about fifty pounds, by then.  If you survive.  And Eddie, you say that your Wife, and Uncle both drink that stuff? !!  Whooowee, thank God for Parsley, and breath mints!
In this case the breath mints would have to be garlic, and spanish onions.  Dang, after two of those cocktails those 80 year old women, with the cottage cheese thighs, would start to look good.  I think I would rather bite the south end of a north bound Buzzard, than attempt to drink one of those.  I'll stick with an ice worm cocktail thank you.

Rats, now I don't want to have my cheese and crackers.  Maggot cheese!  Sheesh.  No wonder, the Sardinians, live on an island!
Talk about trying to get visions out of your head, I am still trying to get rid of the vision of that cocktail, and your Sweet and lovely Wife, actually drinking it, and your very own Uncle drinking it also, to boot!  So much for sleeping tonight.  Wish I had some Zombie movies to watch.
                                                                  Wayne