Author Topic: Paleo toothpic.  (Read 8002 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Paleo toothpic.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 08:15:19 pm »
Thanks guys. Think I'm going to try another (proper width) soon's I get off work. Going to work some huntin in there as well. Just watched my little chiweiner chase a decent eight point out of the back yard >:(.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 12:47:39 pm »
You the man Paul.  :o  Where did you get the book?  I probably need one of those so can actually start making real points styles and not just what I think they should look like. 

Pretty sad, but yesterday I was working on a point at lunch and broke it in two.  And it was only 2 inches.  Sorry Okie1, that was going to be yours.  I still owe you some brother.  Good thing Archery season goes to the end of January.

As far as the point swap goes, (keep your fingers crossed), all I have to do on mine is notch it and send it.  If it works, it will be my thinnest, and longest point yet at 2 3/4" long and 1/4" thick at its center.

Mike 
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 01:06:48 pm »
Oh, Sorry Paul.  I thought this was in the Point Swap post.  Didn't mean to high-jack.

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Papa Matt

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 01:21:25 pm »
Harpoon! I bet they stuck wales and and other big fish with 'em. Needing them thin and long for greater penetration.

~~Papa Matt

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 01:57:46 pm »
I'd hate to have that chucked at me on the end of a spear! Very nice!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cracker

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 05:07:23 pm »
Thats a really cool point but like some of the others I gotta wonder about the practical application.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 06:08:32 pm »
 Mike, You can oder the book on amazon.com .  I have the Overstreet indian arrowheads Ninth edition.  It's a great reference book but like Eddie said the prices are out dated.

Cowboy: I know what your saying; I knew what I was seeing and it was still hard to comprehend.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 07:12:17 pm »
Thanks fellers :). Not a problem Mike - I'm kinda waiting on a response in the point swap section ::)..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.