Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Primitive Skills / Re: Life is good
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:11:44 pm »
Shed is full. :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:08:23 pm »
i put Marks Hickory bow on the form for some heat treating, nice old straight clean piece of Hickory, should make a nice bow. Shawn brought me some tomato plants , these grown like a big vine and will cover the rails of the porch. Saturday we had a good meeting and working, got all the ranges torn down and targets put away, we need a bigger target shed  ??? :-\ already added on twice but need to do it again. ::) We also got the big vendor tent down and put away, that's about the last big projects we had left to do in the clean up. :) My blue birds have nested in the neck of this deer for 10 + years and got a 2nd bunch of babies on the way this year, the first bunch flew out during the Classic, pretty cool. :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:02:36 pm »
Cutting knocks in my Osage bow. Shawn/Mark and Josh working on bows and other projects in the shop, very good day. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:00:32 pm »
Shawn showed up Friday for some bow work. I got my Osage off the form and all is good, ready for knocks cut and tillering. Made a bow for a friend in 2004 it got to heavy for him and I took some weight off in 2007, he shot it for several years but like all of us he is getting older and couldn't handle the weight so he brought it to the Classic and gave it back to me, I told him I could take some more weight off but he insisted I take it back and use it, the weight is fine for me 48@26 prefect  ;) :) He had re done the grip and handle and I didn't like it so I redone it again and put a hemp wrap on it like I do most of my bows, shoots nice and I plan on taking it to CO. this year on Beau and my trip out west.  :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:52:37 pm »
Got my fish pond cleaned out and the fish seem very happy and really growing, they are a little over 2 years old now and doing well. Went Turkey hunting Friday morning in the rain, ran across a dumb one so a pretty short hunt, didn't take long to get the meat and supplies out of him then Brats for lunch.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:48:57 pm »
Bow off the form and then back on for some string alignment, got the sign Eddie brought me in an appropriate place .Thanks Eddie  ;) :) Sister hangs pretty close to me all the time now since Sally passed, guess she is lonely.  :(
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:44:03 pm »
Had a great weekend, pretty much by myself Thursday which was nice for a change got a few things done and enjoyed the peace. Got my latest 2 knives all sealed up and sheath and stands done, also my Osage floor tillered and on the form for some tweaking and a little reflex.
 Pappy
Bows / Re: Fire Hardened Hickory Bow with Copperhead Skins
« Last post by superdav95 on Today at 03:40:54 pm »
Beautiful tiller.  I like it. 
Bows / Re: 2024 Bow Trade - sign up open
« Last post by SamH on Today at 03:35:04 pm »
I'm in.
RH
45-65
28"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10