Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bows / Re: Fire Hardened Hickory #2
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:38:33 pm »
Yep another nice one, you are turning them out.  :)
 Pappy
Bows / Re: 2024 Bow Trade - sign up open
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:37:12 pm »
I measure from the back of the bow to the string also, the back never changes the inner part of the grip dose.  ;)
 Pappy
Bows / Re: Hop Horbeam bendy handle 40#@26
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:33:42 pm »
Look forward to see it. Love hhb.  :)
 Pappy
Bows / Re: Fire Hardened Hickory Bow with Copperhead Skins
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:32:12 pm »
Beautiful work, man if my second even my 10 or 20th had looked anything like that I would have thought I had died and went to Heaven. :) Very nice work. :) beautiful in all aspects.
 Pappy
Bows / Hop Horbeam bendy handle 40#@26
« Last post by ajooter on Today at 08:31:06 pm »
Made this bow for a friend at work.  It's my first bow in a couple years.  This was a smaller hop hornbeam stave that had a lot of twist and alignment issues.  It's still not perfect and the tiller has a little to be desired but it shoots.  Finished the back with various leather dyes and the belly with steel wool vinegar and a touch of baking soda.  I love the weathered grayish look that gives white wood.  Just a plain Jane floppy rest and a doubled up leather handle wrap.  Bow was made at 40 or so pounds at 26 inches.  Bow handle just starts ro flex at full draw.  Pics coming soon.

Primitive Skills / Re: Life is good
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:19:37 pm »
Got another sign up gifted me at the Classic [Note the sign above it] :-M  hope they read it before breaking in. :) :) Teresa Asbell gave me a case of these glasses at the Classic and wanted me to give one to each member, she said it was Fred's favorite glass for his evening toddy. ;) Then I had a good supper of fried tatters and cheese egg omelet for supper and slept well after a long hard day.  :) Hope yall had a good one also.
Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:11:44 pm »
Shed is full. :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:08:23 pm »
i put Marks Hickory bow on the form for some heat treating, nice old straight clean piece of Hickory, should make a nice bow. Shawn brought me some tomato plants , these grown like a big vine and will cover the rails of the porch. Saturday we had a good meeting and working, got all the ranges torn down and targets put away, we need a bigger target shed  ??? :-\ already added on twice but need to do it again. ::) We also got the big vendor tent down and put away, that's about the last big projects we had left to do in the clean up. :) My blue birds have nested in the neck of this deer for 10 + years and got a 2nd bunch of babies on the way this year, the first bunch flew out during the Classic, pretty cool. :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:02:36 pm »
Cutting knocks in my Osage bow. Shawn/Mark and Josh working on bows and other projects in the shop, very good day. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 08:00:32 pm »
Shawn showed up Friday for some bow work. I got my Osage off the form and all is good, ready for knocks cut and tillering. Made a bow for a friend in 2004 it got to heavy for him and I took some weight off in 2007, he shot it for several years but like all of us he is getting older and couldn't handle the weight so he brought it to the Classic and gave it back to me, I told him I could take some more weight off but he insisted I take it back and use it, the weight is fine for me 48@26 prefect  ;) :) He had re done the grip and handle and I didn't like it so I redone it again and put a hemp wrap on it like I do most of my bows, shoots nice and I plan on taking it to CO. this year on Beau and my trip out west.  :)
 Pappy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10