Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Around the Campfire / Re: ALONE is back!
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 09:00:40 pm »
When does it start ??
Primitive Skills / Re: Life is good
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:04:41 pm »
Bob and the girls came by just hanging out in the napping pit, finding stuff others have discarded and trying to learn to flint knap. Great weekend, hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:02:04 pm »
A couple of bows Josh built 15 years ago, 1 yew and one snaky Osage, still shooting. We got the new one down to bow size and ready to floor tiller, he had quite a good day and stayed with it. I got mine out to 30@15, looking pretty good and should come in about what I am looking for 45/50@26.
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 06:58:23 pm »
Josh showed up, I gave him a 30 year old Osage stave and he jumped right in on it with a little help, it has been 15 years since he made a bow and only 2 back then, but he listens good and is pretty handy with tools. I got my Osage out to low brace, this is a tricky one with lots of twists in the limb/knots and some waves in the back, I always run a pop line across the bow from tip to tip while on the tiller stick, it gives me a good look at how it would look at brace and usually first brace is very even.  :) On one like this you also have to be sure and look at both sides to get the real picture.  ;)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 06:51:11 pm »
Dose this look like 454.00 to you  ??? :) :) man stuff is high for the Kobota. Shawn working on a string, Sister just hanging out and my bow on the tiller stick.  :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 06:48:21 pm »
Wet as I expected but great weekend just the same, had some time in the shop, lots of friends dropping by and even took some time to shoot in between showers and storms. Got the knocks cut in my new Osage and ready to start tillering, then went out to put out some salt licks on the farm and broke a front strut on the Kobota so spent the rest of the morning repairing that.Was a mechanic for 50 years so still enjoy wrenching from time to time. :)
 Pappy
Bows / Re: Stress and performance
« Last post by Selfbowman on Today at 06:33:53 pm »
It was a reflex deflex design.Best I can remember the bow reacted good to the end bend design. I don’t recommend this with a selfbow unless you want to make the bow build a long slow build. Now made from different laminators it would be much easier. Interesting build though. And yes using the dimensions as a guide decreasing the thickness as the design shows starting the tiller at the fades may be a better outcome. Don’t know for sure . I haven’t tried it that way .
Bows / Re: Stress and performance
« Last post by Greg on Today at 06:07:18 pm »
Loving this topic. Following along trying to learn. Some of it is way over my head
Around the Campfire / Re: ALONE is back!
« Last post by White Falcon on Today at 03:53:15 pm »
OUCH!!! Arrows go in your quiver, not your leg!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10