Author Topic: what would ya call these  (Read 2741 times)

Offline sailordad

what would ya call these
« on: February 02, 2009, 07:07:52 pm »
well saturday was so nice here in mn. 45 above zero for a change.
so i decided to go outside with a box of rocks i got from akpk, thanks again pk ;D

well i had already ran a hick stave thru the bandsaw and had a few pices laying around so i made a bopper.
then i started smackin that rcok around showing hin whos the boss :D
didnt get any real nice spalls persay,but i did learn how to hit the rock  and managed to get a few nice larger flakes off of it.
they came off thin and one even had the ruff shape of an arrow head.so i grabbed my pressure flake that i got from knightd.
i managed to get it too look more like a point,so  i grabbed another flake that didnt look like any thing and made another point.
wel now i am all excited and grabbed a piece of obsidion that akpk was nice enough to throw into the box also.i made a point kinda out of that too.
i know the obsidion point is thick,wasnt sure how to get any thinner than it was without shattering it.i slao was unsure how to get my flakes to run
to the center of the points,wasnt sure if the smaller two really needed them to run that far as they were already thin.
well thats enough rambling,now ill show pics. i now they are not up to the same caliber as the ones you guys can make but what the hell i amp proud of my first attempts
now i need more rock and time and a few lessons from someone who knows what the heck they are doing,can only get so much from videos

peace,
                                                                                                               tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Bone pile

Re: what would ya call these
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 08:10:12 pm »
Looks good to me,your on the right path.Remember to keep those to look back on.don't see any red on them so eveything went OK
Bone pile
Venice Florida

PeteDavis

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:56:38 pm »
Keep perforating those fingers and good things will come. More blood!

PD

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 10:07:16 pm »
 Look like my first ones. I wish I had kept them. Get you a bottle of stop leak,, uh super glue. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?