Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3329 times)

Gipper

« on: March 07, 2009, 05:54:01 pm »
Hi my name is Kenny, I go by the nick name Gipper. I live in Klamath Falls, Oregon. My hobby's include hunting arrowheads, hunting, Fishing, and Knapping arrowheads. I'm interested in making a bow and would like to make one out of Juniper wood due to the fact we have tons of it here. Any body live close to me? that may have any advice as how and where I can go on the internet to find some helpful information.
     I'm attaching a photo of a Replica Rogue Indian arrow that was made for me by a local artist. This arrow is made of all organic material and has a detachable tip. The arrowhead is a Killer Gunther Barbed point, it was also knapped my the same person.
      I'm having problems loading photos, I see we are limited to 200KB's.              Ken 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gipper

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 05:55:59 pm »
Rogue arrow, next photo.   

Offline Timo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 07:16:55 pm »
Nice to see ya here...And I will add...WOW! that is nice.Whats the guys name that made that?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 07:53:16 pm »
Welcome aboard. That's a nice arrow, is that some Steve Allely work?
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Gipper

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 09:34:00 pm »
Yes, this is one of Steve Allelys arrows. I've never seen any one make a Gunther as good as Steve. I'm attaching a photo of a reproduction Gunther that Steve duplicated for me.  The point on the left was made buy Steve and the point on the right is authentic. I had Steve duplicate it so I could have a Gold cast arrowhead made.       Gipper

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 09:34:12 am »
Welcome Kenny,Beautiful points. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline xin

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 12:12:39 pm »
I just feel bad and don't ever want to make another arrow.  My envy cup runneth over.

Offline billy

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 02:52:23 pm »
Yeah, that definitely looked like Steve Allely's arrow.  He does some amazing work....   And by the way, I taught Steve everything he knows!!  :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:07:11 pm by billy »
Marietta, Georgia

Offline billy

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 03:04:17 pm »
Hey Kenny,

I used to live in Oregon (Bend and Eugene) and I've made a few bows from juniper.  It works great, is super flexible, and makes a fantastic bow.  Send me a PM if ya have any questions....I actually wrote an article about juniper....it's in the Dec/Jan '08 issue of Primitive Archer if ya know anyone who has some back issues.
Marietta, Georgia