Author Topic: new knapping injury  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Bill Skinner

new knapping injury
« on: August 20, 2009, 10:28:53 pm »
Me and another fool went on a rock run around Tallahatta Springs.  We got in a creek and felt around on the bottom, then dug through coarse sand to pull up chunks of rock.  We were in 3-4 feet of water.  Stayed in from 10 till about 4 with breaks to lug buckets up the bank to the truck.  We got about 1/2 ton of rock.  All was well until the next day.  Woke up with my hands tingeling.  I had gotten them soft and ground all the tough skin off.  My hands are still as soft as a baby's a week later.  Bill

Offline DanaM

Re: new knapping injury
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 06:39:45 am »
No more callouses :o It shouldn't take long to toughen em back up :)
On the upside the lady in your life probably likes it ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Jaeger

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 10:00:36 am »
ouch! sand blasted hands .

Offline Staver

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 03:37:26 pm »
Think how tuff those hands are gonna be after workin that rock!!  What kinda rock did you get?  Joe H

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 04:31:17 pm »
I got some Tallahatta quartzite.  Actually, Troy got most of it, he has to drive several hours to get down here and then another 45 minutes or so to reach the place where we got the rock.  Bill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 10:06:35 pm »
Sounds like a cool adventure - got any pictures?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.