Author Topic: atlatl modified  (Read 3306 times)

natty

atlatl modified
« on: August 22, 2009, 01:36:38 pm »
saw that pathfinder video on the swiss arrow decided to apply that to an atlatl.i made the throwing stik 12" long with a16"loop of string the string goes through a hole in the back.the dart is 4' long by1/2''wide with 8'' fleching. instead of cuting a notch(i had trouble with them breaking there)i lash a sliver of wood just big enough to make a nock in front of the fleching,it gives it alot smoother cast .also in the back of the throwing stik i cut the notch that the dart sits in ,all the way around so it wont flik the front of the dart up. i threw a dart about 70 yards with it. this is my first throwing stik experience i figured some one else with more experience could try/give their 2 cents in on it.natty ;D       

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Re: atlatl modified
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 01:49:52 pm »
Do you have any pictures?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

natty

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 06:39:10 pm »
i will try

natty

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 01:16:06 am »
could someone please tell me how to post pics ???

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 01:24:47 am »
When posting youi'll notice "Additional Options" on the bottom left of the screen.  Click it and it will give you a browser box to upload images from your computer.  The images will need to be web size, though
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

natty

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 03:33:42 pm »
i guess my drawing is to big to post  :P