Author Topic: Just got back from the Smithsonian....  (Read 6785 times)

Offline billy

Re: Just got back from the Smithsonian....
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 12:28:09 am »
I'm not sure when the articles will be printed....it all depends on when they want to start and where they will have room.  Articles usually appear anywhere from 2-6 months after submission, and I sent the first ones in around mid- Sept.  So they might begin in Jan to March of 2010.  I'm hoping that Ed Ingold will put an announcement in the magazine to let everyone know when they will be begin. 

By the way, I've submitted all the articles except for the last one...just gotta write the captions and integrate the photos into the text, and then I'll send that one out too.  I'm planning on getting the last one out by the end of this week or this weekend.  Then all 6 articles will be waiting in line.  It's gonna be awesome.....   
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 12:43:09 am »
Can't hardly wait, Billy. This is going to be so informative!...and cool as ....!  8) I'm looking forward to the complete series. Thanks for your hard work and contributions to our addiction.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 06:28:21 am »
Sounds really interesting. I enjoy getting my education expanded  with PA. I am looking forward to this series too! Thanks Billy.
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 08:04:27 am »
I'm looking forward to it Billy! I'm sure it will open some doors and give insights to new designs for us to give a try that aren't that new after all. Hopeful revival of knowledge that was passed down for many generations.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 09:03:56 am »
Can't wait to see the articles...
We did a living history encampment last weekend and I did the archery presentation. It's always nice to learn more about the native American bows and arrows.
I was lucky enough to hands on examine a Delaware bow at the Fort Leavenworth museum a while back. The arrows and tips were much smaller than you would expect to see. The hickory bow was pretty short and not as wide limbed as we tend to make them as well...