Author Topic: New to the board  (Read 4923 times)

Offline robtattoo

New to the board
« on: May 03, 2010, 02:11:08 pm »
I just wanted to drop in here & say 'Hi' to everyone. I've just got back from theTN classic & after meeting so many of you, I thought I'd better sign up!

In case I didn't get to meet you properly, or get your screen-name (I was a little busy all weekend, building my first bow) I'm the English guy that was mooching around the workshops.

I've been a member of TradGang for a good few years & have been a traditional archer forever (it seems) I was a knifemaker before my Wife (Jules) & I moved over here & I'm happy to help out in any way I can with any questions regarding blademaking & forging.

I look forward to learning all I can from all of y'all!  ;D
Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: New to the board
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 02:26:13 pm »
Welcome aboard. Don't know if I got to talk to you at the classic or not, but we're glad to have you on board.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 02:33:30 pm »
Hay Rob.
Glad you signed up here. Nice to meet you this weekend and help out with building your bow. I enjoyed chatting with you and was glad to see at least one 'correct' handle made on one of those bows......  Just in case you didnt catch my handle at the classic. wish I would have gotten to see you shoot that bow. was it a screamer?
Welcome aboard.
N2
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 03:49:29 pm »
 i wasnt at the tennclas but glad to have ya here at PA always good to have another bladesmith ttyl  sterling
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 03:53:52 pm »
Rob.. Glad to see you on here as well.. It was a pleasure to get to help with your first bow.. I did get to see you shoot it and it looked like it was working well for you.. Be sure to post a pic or 2 of it if you get a chance.. I hope you enjoyed the class and if you have any ? feel free to get a hold of me any time.. I would love to see some of your knives as well..
 David

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »
Great to meet you this weekend Rob. I've seen you on TradGang and am glad to see you here on PA. Here are a few pics I took of you tillering your new bow.

Sorry, photobucket has crapped out on me so I'll post the pics a bit later.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 06:42:15 pm »
Glad to se you here also, Rob. Like Pat, new you from Tradgang. And your bow was looking real good when I saw it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sailordad

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 07:00:33 pm »
Rob, i wasnt at the classic  :'(
but ifn all these guys say your good folk,then ya gotta be good folk
glad to have ya here

like the rest of them,lets see pics of that bow and some of your knives too  ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 07:02:28 pm »
welcome to PA!  I was at the Classic, can't remember if I met you or not... I was the guy with the tree tattoo on my shoulder and wearing the funny-lookin camo hat all the time.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 10:01:58 pm »
Glad to see you on here Rob. I got a different handle here, like I do on tradgang. still different on gon....crazy I know!!!! Anyway, I hate I didn't get to see your bow, bring it to the next Olde Fartes shoot or the T.T.A.S. banquet OK????? Glad you got home OK!!!! Good to see your smiling face all weekend!!!!
Tomi Varnell  ;D

Offline nocams

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 11:48:19 pm »
Oh no...... he has only been here in the States a year this April and done went and jacked up his 4 wheel drive truck and joined PA.... What is the world comin too, haha !!! Just think Rob, another few years and your old mates from England would not even recognize ya ! Might mistake ya for one of us ? Good folks on here ! Welcome !!!

nocams

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 02:00:02 am »
Finally, here it is. Wade(n2everything) assisting Rob through perfect tiller.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mike_A

• Mike Ailstock Gatesville, TX
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 07:02:36 pm »
Hey Rob you should post a couple pics of how far that rocket launcher you built put the arrows into the target. Man that was impressive. Good to meet you there. Mike
Proud member of PETA ( People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

Lombard

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 12:04:37 pm »
Yep, you're hooked. Welcome aboard.