Author Topic: A few "somethings"  (Read 3641 times)

Offline Jaeger

Re: A few "somethings"
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 12:05:02 pm »
Your signature point ,I think if I were hunting in the western part of the state and found one of those I could trace it back to you each one looks better than the last .

Offline RG

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 02:30:39 pm »
Great job sir they look great

Ron

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 05:59:16 pm »
 Beautiful points, Buddy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 06:29:12 pm »

Yeah, yeah, you have a recessive gene. Ok. Pine trees there, I said it.  See even I knew what they were.  Sheesh!  You're killing me.  I still can't run a long flake!  :( Why don't you take a five year hiatus, and go to ........oh, say, maybe a monastery, in some extreme remote place, and meditate for awhile, you know, no phone, no computer, no mail, email or snail.  Just you and your fellow monks, just wearing those dark brown hooded bathrobes, and your flip flops, or sandals, and not talking, just an occasional chant, now and then.  Just think how calm and relaxed you will be after that! 8)  No stress about wondering if you can make a point, or blade out of a strange piece of rock.  Oh, and you can't be in a monastery that has access to knapple rock, either.  Well, when can I get your ticket for you?  Hey, it's on me.  No, really, it's on me.  Just let me know where the monastery is.  No a nudist camp doesn't count!  Well, I guess it would take your mind off of knapping. ....... ::) But you would just be trying to make other kinds of points...... ;D
Ok, Ok, those are fantastic!  Now pick a monastery! >:(

Wayne

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 10:46:22 pm »
Thank you all.
 Wade, I don't know exactly how I get those flakes to do that ??? It just happens sometimes :-\
Wayne, I was considering it till you said "no nudist camp". :D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Timo

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 12:07:16 am »
sorry folks, but I have to take credit for the first one.... ;).I threw that piece in the bottom of the bucket.....figured he'd find it sometime later. Lil bugger found it quicker than I figured. ??? it is cool rock, just not as easy as one would think though. The boy has got them down!

bowkee

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 03:33:28 am »
Those sure are amazing 8)

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 10:01:54 am »
I think it is in your forward pressure and flicking your wrist just right as you release the flake.
I was up at james' house on monday and watched him do it intentionally. that boy has flake control down to a science.

again nice points.
later,
N2
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

brian melton

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 01:23:36 pm »
Very very nice! ;D

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2010, 03:16:21 pm »
Them's lookin good master Shannon ;D. Why don't ya mail me six so I don't have to make any ammon for this year ::) ;D..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.