Author Topic: still alive  (Read 2774 times)

Offline woodstick

still alive
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:15:16 pm »
i just wanted to say hay all yall. iam still alive, we been in the hay fields for 3 weeks now. my daughter is cutting with me on a open cab tractor for bout 80 90 hr weeks, she is rolling in the money. i miss getting on here but just aint got much time. we got a little rain today thank god thats time off. but ill see yall on here before 2 long we got bout 3,000 rolls so far bout 7,000 to go so yall have a goodun.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Diligence

Re: still alive
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 12:12:39 am »
be safe out there with those long hours!
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 12:16:42 am »
Jaye...don't worry about the Dang Okies....They are a Tough Sort...70-80 hours...thats just a normal Work Week...that aint even Farm Hours... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 12:53:26 am »
Tim, I've been wondering where you've been. Hope the knee is holding out.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 01:25:22 am »
 Tim, glad to see you okay.  I know those hours when I head out of the country. Get them while you can, and be carefull. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 02:36:12 am »
been working every day since a month before the Classic...took the week of the Classic off...only had Memorial Day off since.....and haven't got a Scheduled Day Off through the end of August....so I know how you feel Tim....aint Farming or cutting Hay...but the Refineries have to be maintained...and this year it's 8 months out of 12...Straight..... >:(
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 08:09:52 am »
Glad to see you are OK Tim,got to get the hay while the sun is shining and it is ready. See ya when it is over. Then it will be time for the second cutting. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Diligence

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 11:00:54 am »
LOL "ain't even farm hours"....that I understand!

and you are right Mullet - get those hours when you can.

j
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.