Author Topic: Got a new canoe  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Got a new canoe
« on: June 29, 2010, 12:55:13 am »
Picked this canoe up from a guy for 75 dollars.  Gonna need some work, the person who patched some holes just kinda slapped some fiberglass patches on it and then gunked paint over that... Gonna have to redo the patches the right way and feather them in and repaint, but she floats but leaks slightly, I had her out this weekend and she really scoots with a trolling motor.  It is 15 foot long and 42 inches wide at it's widest point.  It has a transom on the back to mount a trolling motor and also has a live well.  It is light enough so I can load it onto my truck by myself too.  Whaddaya think for 75 dollars did I get a good deal?  I think she will be as good as new whenever I get her patched correctly.  Thanks for looking!   :)

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Got a new canoe
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 01:00:02 am »
 It looks like a Geenou and well worth $75. I just traded one with a 5 HP gas motor for a two seater Kayak. Put a 10 HP on it and you can water ski with it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline youngbowyer33

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 01:05:59 am »
that looks great!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 01:35:34 am »
I used to have the 13' Geenoe. Had a 9.9 Johnson on it and it would scoot. The wide beam and pontoon bottom makes then stable enough to throw a cast net from. Oddly, the 15' is considered a square stern canoe and the 13' is considered a boat. Only difference is the last 2' of taper in the rear.
  I'll give you $100 for it today, as it is!  ;) Cool boats. That one will take a 15hp outboard if I'm not mistaken.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 03:42:41 am »

I need to hang around with you !  Great deal indeed.  Easy fix. ;)

Wayne

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 08:05:01 am »
Nice find!  My wife came and told me this weekend she wanted me to build her a sailboat....I laughed it off and said how about I build you a canoe first  ;D 
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 09:46:19 am »
Nice find!  That thing would make a nice duck hunting rig with a small outboard on it.  I've been scouring craigslist lately for one myself, but I haven't seen a deal anywhere near that good yet.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 11:31:08 pm »
it's hard to find a decent canoe on the cheap.  i gave up and went to dick's sporting good and bought an 15' old town sportsman for $350 last summer.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 12:02:50 am »
That's a new price, Chris?  ???  Is it ASB plastic hull?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC